Friday, June 9, 2017

Philippians 3:12 Part 1/2 Pretzel Quilt Progress! Happy Mail!

Philippians 3:12
Scripture
Observation
Previous to this verse, Paul had listed several magnanimous goals which are as follows:  1) to gain Christ,
2) be found in Him,
3) to know Him,
4) to know the power of His Resurrection, 5) to participate in his suffering, 6) to become like Him in His death and 7) to attain resurrection from the dead.  Further, he wanted to attain these goals based not on his flesh and what HE could accomplish, but through faith.  This list can seem overwhelming.  
Until verse 12:  He humbly and clearly states that he has not achieved these goals - yet.  Then he proceeds to teach us his method for achieving them:


"...I press on 
to take hold 
of that for which Christ Jesus 
took hold of me."
Philippians 3:12b

Sounds good.....but what does it mean?  I've read this Scripture so many times, but what does it really mean?
"...I press on..."- Ok.  Paul continues to                              work towards his goal -                            he's tenacious. 
"...to take hold..."- He wants to grab                                   something.  What is it?
"...of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me." - What did Christ Jesus take hold of?  He called Paul to love, serve and know Him!  
(As you may have noticed I use the S.O.A.P. Bible Study Method - Scripture, Observation, Application, Prayer.  We'll get to the Application and Prayer in my next post.)


Pretzel Quilt Progress!
This quilt isn't a fully scrappy quilt, but I just had to share it with you! I think it would be so pretty with scrappy 2.5" strips, don't you?   

Remember how I mentioned that Steph, my long arm quilter, said to be careful as I laid out this quilt?  To stay focused?  Well, Janice Holton from Color, Creating and Quilting started this quilt and emailed me about it!  What a small world!  She shared her progress, tips and pics - which I greatly appreciated.  I looked for a posting about it on her blog - it was so helpful!  Thank you, Janice!

I've started putting my quilt together and here's the progress thus far:



In my next post, I'll show you my process.  :)  
Happy Mail - Yarnivore Rainbow Yarn!
This tablecloth will certainly need more yarn!  

https://faithtrustandbreastcancer.blogspot.com/
2017/06/philippians-38-new-crochet-project.html
Tada!  Happy Mail!
It came in today!


I'm linking up with






2 comments:

  1. There is so much richness and life changing truth in scripture when we take the time to disect it and allow God to plant exactly what we need into our hearts. Thank you for linking up with Fresh Market Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for hosting the party and for your thoughtful comments! I am enjoying visiting other blogs and getting to know the other ladies! Thank you!

      Delete