Monday, June 5, 2017

Philippians 3:8 New Crochet Project!

Hello there!  
I hope and pray you all are doing fantastic!  It's great to be back in Bloglandia!  I went to San Antonio on a great vacation!  
High Quality To sick to cry Blank Meme Template

Then, the night I got home, I stayed up until 4:00 a.m. worshiping the porcelain throne as they say....yup...food poisoning...


High Quality Cool sunflower Blank Meme Template

Today, after nearly a week, I'm feeling so much better!



So, onto our study and crafty news!
Philippians 3:8
Scripture
Observation

Paul is saying that he considered EVERYTHING a loss compared to the privilege of knowing Jesus - everything.  In fact he goes so far to state that "all things" he lost, he considers garbage compared to gaining Christ!

Application
Naturally, this verse caused me to look back on my life before serving Christ.  In light of this verse, I have to agree with Paul!  What were my priorities back then seem so superficial and, yes, garbage, compared to my priorities now.  


What Christ has given me 
in return for my heart is
immeasurable 
(my faith, strength and courage), 
wonderful 
(my marriage, family friends), 
fascinating 
(a desire for lifelong learning more about Him leads to becoming a better person),
invaluable 
(the now healed, peaceful, faithful 
life I lead despite challenges)
and so much more!

Yes, Paul, to gain Christ is all.

New Crochet Project!
While in San Antonio, I stopped at a great yarn store, Yanivore!  Here's is a quick one word review of this store:  awesome! 

They had a wide selection of yarns that fit every budget, friendly staff and a warm welcoming atmosphere!  I truly wish I had taken pictures, but alas, I was just chilin' and enjoying my visit to their shop.  Their website has some photos of their shop and smiling employees!

It was soooo tempting to buy up so much yarn, but I restrained myself and purchased a rainbow scheme of Cascade Yarns Ultrapima Fine in a rainbow color scheme!! How I wish I had taken a picture of it before my husband and I wound it up!  :(

But, here is the project I started - a round granny mandala by Katheryn Senior at Crafternoon Treats
May 31, 2017

I followed her pattern, 
then ventured off on my own...
as so many of us tend to do!

Here is my progress as of today!

June 5, 2017

I'm loving this project and 
learning as I go.  
Eventually, I would like it to be a tablecloth for my round kitchen table.

By the way,
I called Yarnivore 
to order more yarn...
Within five minutes,
it was ordered,
paid for and 
packaged for delivery!
Now that's service!  
Just another reason to 
support our 
locally owned,
brick and mortar
craft shops!

I'm linking up to



At Cooking Up Quilts

updated to include:
Fiber Tuesday at
and


4 comments:

  1. Now you've got me curious where in NM... I'm from Alamogordo and Las Cruces... Glad you survived the food poisoning and have something beautiful as a lasting memory of the trip. Love the round granny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm really loving the round granny - even though I'm learning as I go on keeping it flat! Patience!

      Delete
  2. Oh, I'm glad you are feeling better! I haven't crocheted for a while, your tablecloth looks really good! Thanks for linking to MCM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm learning a lot as I make it!

      Delete