Sunday, July 16, 2017

Saturday Song. Scrappiness. Slow Stitching. Stash Report.

Saturday's Song
I heard this song and just knew it was Saturday's Song!  I hope you are blessed and encouraged!  Take a moment to Exhale!


New Scrappy Project
I started another baby quilt!  This little baby might be a scrappy one - at least his quilt is!  I'm adding two more rows and then tie quilting it!  :)

Slow Stitching Weekend
Patrick's Strength should be finished tonight! 
I'm looking forward to
1) mailing it to him and
2) taking the yarn ounces off my Stash Report!  :p

Stash Report
Fiber Stash Report:  July 9, 2017
(started 6/11/17)
Fabric used this week
0 yds
Fabric used to date
6  7/8 yds
Fabric Added this week
11 yds
Fabric Added this year
22 1/8yds

Net Fabric
-15 ¼  yds

Yarn used this week
0 oz  
Yarn used to date
21 oz
Yarn Added this week
19 oz
Yarn Added to date
46 oz
Net Yarn
- 25 oz
I bought this yarn to make a prayer shawl for yet ANOTHER friend recently diagnosed with breast cancer.  :(  
And yes
I'm angry.
I'll be searching 
for peace
as 
exhale.

Linking up to


8 comments:

  1. I'm sorry - the afghan is beautiful and you have made that very quickly- hang in there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! If this is difficult for us, as witnesses to this terrible disease, I can only imagine how our oncologists and the rest of the medical staff must suffer as well! Prayers up, blessings down! Thank you for your kind comments!

      Delete
  2. Sorry about your friend. It's great to have a craft where you can express a hope and a future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank ! I'll let her know others are praying for her! Isn't crafting so healing? Take good care, Nancy!

      Delete
  3. Patrick is sure to be blessed by the afghan - it's beautiful!!! The baby quilt is fun - is there a baby waiting for it already, or is it just so you have one ready?
    I hear you about the news of your friend... I hope that the knowledge that you're praying for her gives her strength.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there is a baby coming soon! I hope one day to have baby quilts in a stash....one day.... :)
      Prayers are definitely comforting my friend. She's a tough cookie. The biopsy shows that her cancer is the type that is highly likely to metastasize in other areas of her body. But God is bigger than a test result. :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful Patrick's Strength. I hate cancer!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jennie! Thank you! It sounds like you might have some personal experience with cancer? Yesterday I delivered Patrick's Strength to our "drop off" point. I hope it brings him comfort, solace and strength! Thank you so very much for visiting and commenting! :)

      Delete