Sunday, July 30, 2017

Saturday's Song. Slow Stitching. Stash Report.

Saturday's Song
This week I have been so stressed out!  My cyclical oncology follow up appointment was supposed to be this month.  With  all the new diagnosis, metastasis and recurrences around me,  I postponed all my tests and labs because I was afraid.

And then I heard this song.

Is there something


that has you frozen with fear
as well?

I hope this song blesses you!

Slow Stitching
I have enjoyed hand sewing the binding on this baby quilt.  I'm also reminded as to why I hire my daughter to bind my quilts....hurting hands!  But, oh!  How I love hand sewing bindings!  
I've made progress on this Donation Prayer Shawl #2.  I've decided to number the shawls I donate to the Prayer Shawl Ministry so that I can keep track of what I'm talking about!  :)  The pattern is my own.  I was just messing around and here it is.  It's a combination of very common stitches, chain, double crochet....

UPDATE:  By the way, I saw this pattern on Fiber Flux.  Her directions are fabulous! It's really interesting to see how different it looks with a bulkier yarn!  


Stash Report

Fiber Stash Report:  July 30, 2017
(started 6/11/17)
Fabric used this week
5 yds
Fabric used to date
11 7/8 yds
Fabric Added this week
2 yds
Fabric Added this year
13 1/8yds

Net Fabric
1 ¼ yds

Yarn used this week
14 oz  
Yarn used to date
71 oz
Yarn Added this week
7 oz
Yarn Added to date
41 oz
Net Yarn
30 oz
Here's the fabric I bought!

It's called "Cartas Marcadas" by De Leon Degn Group from the Alexander Henry Fabrics Collection.  

I'm finally in the black, though just barely!  

Linking up to





14 comments:

  1. That's some very unusual fabric. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's based on a Mexican Bingo Game called "Loteria" as well as the Day of the Dead Celebration in which we remember our family members who have passed away. A friend of mine used it to accent dishtowels. She used it as the center piece of a Log Cabin Square that became matching potholders! I'm not sure what I'll do with it, but I really like this fabric!

      Delete
  2. Love the song. The next prayer shawl you're making is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy! The song is such a blessing! Thank you for your kind comments!

      Delete
  3. I hope you have good reports at your follow up visit. Your prayer shawl is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Ahhhh, what would I do without my online friends? I got my mammo results - all is "normal and benign". Praise God! Thank you for your kind comments!

      Delete
  4. My cancer family calls it a anxiety. Pray you were able to work past it and that your reports were clear. Lovely things you are working on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is anxiety - big time. I got my mammo results: "normal and benign!" Huge relief! I'm still having other tests done, but I'm pretty peaceful about them.
      Tell me more about your "cancer family." Are you also a survivor?
      I appreciate your prayers and kind comments! Blessings to you! Thank you so much! :)

      Delete
  5. The prayer shawl you`ve made is so beautiful, and also the baby quilt!
    I understand that you are afraid. I was thinking of the "Footprint in the sand", and want to share this story with you. .https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8vm8ORMZt4. God bless you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much, Birthe! I watched the video and it's so beautiful and true! Thank you! I just posted a health update and all is well - praise God! Thank you for thinking of me and blessing me with such an encouraging song! :)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you, Maggie! I am eager to pass some of it along to a friend who also likes it! Thank you for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  7. The teddy bear quilt is adorable. The shawl is beautiful.
    Sending you love, hugs and healing vibes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just posted a wonderful update - good news all around! Thank you for your love, hugs and healing vibes! Thank you for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete