Friday, April 1, 2016

Removing Google+ Comments. Proverb(s) of the Day.

Comments
Ok.  So, I just realized we celebrated fixing my comments, but I never told you how I did it!  You know, this blogging stuff has a bunch of details!   

I want to preface this mini tutorial with the fact that I really appreciate Google Blogger!  I have learned so much about blogging and their format is pretty easy to learn.  Believe me, I'm not a technologically astute person.  

Here's what happened.  The problem began when I clicked on Google+ to share my blog.  That automatically meant that for people to comment, they HAD to have a Google+ account.  So, I signed out of Google+ thinking that would fix the problem.  


It didn't.  

http://veryshareimg.com/puzzled-face.html
                         
I spent hours researching into the wee hours of the morning trying to fix the problem.  


Nope.

Nothing.


istock_sunemotion-1-frustrated-baby-crying-c
http://sites.psu.edu/siowfa14/author/tbr5077/
                                               
Then I found a website that gave me the answer. How I wish I could find that website again!  

Either way, what I had to do was go back to my blogger dashboard, click on Google+, and reactivate it.  Then, and ONLY then I was able to remove Google+ comments from my blog.  Then, I removed Google+ from my blog. Finally, from layout, I added a gadget for my current comment process.  See? Easy Peasy, as a friend of mine used to say! 
Face of cute happy smiling laughing baby infant girl with ponytails, isolated.

Proverb(s) of the Day
Proverbs 1:23  Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.
http://delightthyselfalsointhelord.tumblr.com/post/75143602541/proverbs-123-turn-you-at-my-reproof-behold-i

As we repent at one time or another in our lives look at what the Lord promises!  He will pour out his very thoughts to you and I & make known to us his teachings!  When we are young in the Lord we are like babes. And as we grow, recognizing and repenting, we become even more sensitive to his thoughts and his teachings! Our faith can't help but grow!

Proverbs 21:31 wall decal scripture | Divine Walls
https://divinewalls.com/proverbs-21-31
             
As I did a bit of research on this verse, I realized that I tend to overthink Scripture.  This verse is so clear - but I was getting caught up in imagery.  For example, I kept asking myself, "What does the horse really represent?"  

Here's what I learned today.  The horse is just that - a horse!  :)

John Gill's commentary says that yes, as in the past, one would prepare a horse for battle, but compared to the LORD, the horse cannot help us win our battles!  True victory remains in the LORD!  

Then I read a commentary that said God expects us to do the preparation for whatever He has called us to - or for whatever battle we are facing.  Whether or not we "win" is irrelevant - because we already have the victory - in God's timing and in His way!  It is HE who gives us the ultimate victory!  

This is how I felt when I was diagnosed with stage 2b triple negative breast cancer.  Somehow I knew that either way - live or die - I still have the victory in Christ Jesus!  

Of course I still have fears, doubts, and yes, anger. But, ultimately, I can find peace because I know that in the end, I win!  I win with Christ Jesus!  

                

Oh, and by the way, so do you.  

Dear Friend, this is my truth

2 comments:

  1. Love the baby photo essay and that you got it all figured out, it is all still Greek to me but it works so that is what matters to me! LOL! Love the horse is just a horse and our LORD is LORD! Yes, sometimes I do the same thing I try to read in more than God is really sharing. Interesting though I can come back to the same verse later and the Holy Spirit reveals way more than the last time I read a particular verse. He works that way so I guess I can be dependent on His revealing than in my own efforts to figure something out. Well...I guess I've written my piece enough, it is your blog after all, lol, love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your comments! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete