Saturday, April 9, 2016

Proverb of the Day.Quilting Again!

Proverb of the Day.
http://biblepic.com/proverbs/9-1.htm#.V3SgGfkrKpA
You know, I'm not sure what the seven pillars are....there seems to be no consensus on them. However, I wonder, what seven pillars I would build my house on?  

I feel yet another Bible study coming......

Quilting Again!
I had started Clover and Violet's Simple Scrappy Sampler Quilt Along some time ago.  I dropped it as the mad sewing Christmas dash began.  Well, I picked it up again!  Here are my finished blocks.


Can you see images of my Grandmother's Flower Garden hexagon quilt behind the blocks?  The blocks were fun to make!  I'm using Happy Tones for the on a white on white background fabric.  


il_570xN.504565157_nlof
http://ellisonlane.com/2013/10/happy-fabric.html
     
Here is a close up of the one I finished today.  

I'm excited to complete the rest of the blocks and finish this baby up! 

Dear Friends, this is my truth!

3 comments:

  1. I did a study at one time on the 7 pillars that wisdom built her house, tons of different commentaries later I went with Dake's take on it that this part of the verse was that Wisdom was a builder, meaning wisdom is a builder. Your take on it is interesting, yes what would be representive of wisdom for the 7 pillars holding up my spiritual house or even for my day to day life? Good question, which I did do this the last time I did a study on this verse but need to make a better one since I can't remember what I wrote out last time. Thanks for provoking me to study this verse again.

    Love how the quilt is coming together, very happy color, shapes & patterns! Glad you are able to get back to it! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm eager to finish the quilt.

    I see a lot of commentaries out there and do learn so much from them. However, lately, I'm excited that God is helping me to form my own views, taking into consideration the Word of God and the commentaries. He's showing me how He wants me to make it relevant to my deeply individual walk with Him at this stage of my life.

    Based on your comments, I can see that perhaps He is doing the same with you - with all of us. Perhaps the very reason a Scripture we've seen a million times suddenly takes on new meaning is because His Word is a living being - it doesn't change, but we do.

    Thank you for sharing and helping me to see this! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete