Monday, April 4, 2016

Tired, But Oh So Happy, But So Tired! Proverb of the Day.

Tired, But Oh So Happy!
Today was the first day since started chemotherapy last in March 2015 that I could work play in my garden!  It was wonderful!  I added an extension to my drip system, planted my veggies and pruned some plants.  Not a whole lot compared to what I used to be able to do, but I'll take it!  It was lovely to be in my yard all morning!

Proverb of the Day.
Image result for proverbs 4:7
http://www.intentionallyyours.org/blog/proverbs-4-understanding
Ok, so I asked myself:  If it costs me EVERYTHING I have, get understanding?!  Really?  Seriously? EVERYTHING?

Exactly what is understanding?  According to Merriam-Webster understanding is defined as:

  • 1)  the knowledge and ability to judge a particular situation or subject
  • 2) an informal agreement 
  • 3) a willingness to understand people's behavior and forgive them

Funny, because understanding is my word for this year.  I'm trying to increase my understanding of God's Word and how to implement it in my life.  I'm also trying to understand myself.  What do I want?  What do I believe?

I can also see how trying to understand people's behavior can lead to forgiveness.  A youth pastor I know once said, "Hurting people hurt people".  By sincerely trying to understand other's behavior in light of the hurting people quote, I can see how understanding can definitely lead to forgiveness.  


You know, understanding can definitely be an character trait to pray for and develop.  It enhances  relationship and increases our faith as we understand more and more of God's Word.  Additionally, I believe it can lead to wisdom.  I love this image!
Picture
http://www.leadapreneur.com/blog/using-knowledge-understanding-and-wisdom-to-be-a-better-leader
Amazing, isn't it?  I'm beginning to understand why God encourages us to get understanding at all costs. Just beginning to understand.  Amazing.

Dear Friend, this is my truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment