Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Proverb of the Day. A Little Extra.

Proverb of the Day

By our, hopefully, wise and kind words, as well as the diligent, honest work of our hands, we are known and receive the reward from our LORD.  

In my 12 Step Program, I learned a saying to direct our speech:
Communication-Quotes-1
http://thequotes.in/before-you-speak-think-is-it-necessary-is-it-true-is-it-kind-will-it-hurt-anyone-will-it-improve-on-the-silence/
Now, the last question about improving the silence is one I just now saw and loved!

Do I live by these questions?  Not all the time, but I'm working on it.  I really am.  Perhaps I need to post this image, along with this one around my house to remind me.  
http://bitesizebiblestudy.blogspot.com/2015/10/how-what.html
Imagine if we could take hold of every thought and hold it to this standard as well!  Perhaps by doing this we can be as Nelson Mandela:
http://www.deseretnews.com/top/1635/11/-The-21-best-Nelson-Mandela-quotes-in-pictures.html

I would love 
to be free 
from the prison of 
anger, hatred, bitterness 
and unforgiveness, 
wouldn't you? 

I would love to 
earn the reward of enjoying
the meadows of serenity, 
love, and forgiveness, 
wouldn't you?

Definitely a goal worth working for, 
don't you think?

Dear Friend, this is my truth!

1 comment:

  1. Printed up this Proverb! Put it in my studio, a good place for me to review it daily. I appreciate the teaching you shared with this one, much to ponder, which is a good thing! Thank you for sharing, love you!

    ReplyDelete