Monday, August 31, 2020

Monday's Strength: Song of Songs 1:15. A New Scrappy Project Takes Off! Book Date Reads! To Do Tuesday.

Monday's Strength:  Song of Songs 1:15
Ludwig expresses his love for Sofia so beautifully! Interesting that he compares her eyes to doves. In fact, he states that they are doves. 
Matthew 3:16 and Luke 3:22 state that the dove is a symbol of the Holy Spirit. 
Could it be that he saw God in her eyes? Could it be that her growing faith was the main attraction?  
I believe it is possible. 
Proverbs 31:30 reads:  "Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised." 
This verse is on my mirror as a reminder to be first a woman who fears the LORD.  In no way am I perfect, but I start each morning with this prompting.  
I hope to one day impart this wisdom the younger women in my life.  
A Scrappy Beginning

Do you remember when I started a project inspired by Amanda Jean’s (Crazy Mom Quilts) Lost in the Crowd quilt?    
It's taken a life of its own and evolved into 64 piece blocks.  The finished 4 patches are 2.5” and the blocks are going to be blocked at about 8”.  

Lori Holt's method of storing small pieces in a muffin tin (at 1:52 minutes in video) has been most helpful.  

Then, when my container is full, I finger press the pairs and sew them together.

My pairs become four patches and then grow into 64 patch blocks.  

I square them up and am planning on using 1.5” sashing strips.  It should be about a queen size quilt!  I'm off to a great start!

Book Date

Current

Halfway to Each Other: How a Year in Italy Brought Our Family Home by [Susan Pohlman]
Halfway to Each Other
from my personal library

Finished

free ebook from RB Digital
The Library Book
★★★★★
I highly recommend this book as it has many threads of information.  You will learn that some questions are never answered, librarians are a passionate, giving people and the history of libraries is so interesting!

Into the Water: A Novel
free audio book from RB Digital
Into the Water
★★★★

Appalachian Serenade (Appalachian Blessings): A Novella by [Sarah Loudin Thomas]
Appalachian Serenade
free with Amazon Prime subscription
★★★★
Pressing On with To Do Tuesday
I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:14

Last Week's Goals

1.  Visit Mama and Daddy, probably a Facetime visit this week.  ✔  

    They were too busy for a Facetime visit!  :)  We had many fun conversations over the phone though!

2.  Machine Embroidery:  I'd like to work on the next Kimberbell Bella Box project - a leather pen holder that goes with a cool journal they sent us!   ✔  

3.  Finish the Friday tea towel   ✔  

4.  Sew up a few of the next Qube Crush blocks.  This should be easy as they are all cut out and organized now.    ✔  

    I'll be sharing these on Wednesday, God willing!

5.  Sew up the next Stitcher's Garden block. Progress made!

6.  Make some more progress on my leader/ender, the 64 Patch quilt.    ✔  


This week’s goals

1. Visit Mama and Daddy.  

2.  Machine Embroidery: My next two projects will be all in the hoop pouches with lace zippers!  I'm a bit nervous about this one!

3.  Prep some more Qube Crush blocks!  

4.  Prep the next one/two Stitcher's Garden blocks. 

6.  Continue my leader/ender 64 Patch Quilt.



I’d love to hear what your crafty goals for the week are!

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? @ Book Date 
Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
Oh Scrap! @ Quilting is More Fun Than Housework!
To Do Tuesday @ Home Sewn By Us (Tuesdays)

 

Your comments are so appreciated!  

I read each one and will respond by email to you!  :)

3 comments:

  1. Those 64 patch blocks are wonderful! They'll make an amazing quilt. I alwas enjoy seeing what you're reading - today I found some to put on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good afternoon! Love that idea of the muffin tin for scraps, and then sewing them into pairs and so on. A queen size quilt in no time with little effort or thought - I love it. Thanks for linking up today. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scripture, 64 patch blocks, book recommendations, thanks for the great post!

    ReplyDelete