Monday, August 3, 2020

Monday's Strength: Psalm 107, part 3. A Scrappy Finish. Book Date. Pressing On.

Monday’s Strength:  Psalm 107:31-32

As I shared on before, I was so inspired blessed by the Scripture shared on PeaBeas’ Photos and Scribbles so much so that I’m writing a series on them.  Next up are verses 31 - 32. 

He stilled the storm to a whisper; 
the waves of the sea 
They were glad when it grew calm, 
and He guided them to their desired haven. 
Let them give thanks to the Lord for His unfailing love 
and His wonderful deeds for mankind. 
Let them exalt Him in the assembly of the people 
and praise Him in the council of the elders. 
Psalm 107:29-32 
Once we allow ourselves to be still enough to hear God’s voice and calm enough to be guided by Him, we will indeed give Him thanks for His unfailing love. What is unfailing love? A love that does not fail…
even in the face of rejection,
even in the face of fear,
even in the face of mistrust,
even in the face of anger.
His love is there, waiting to guide us to safe harbors.
Many times, after we have seen His wisdom, we praise Him for His unfailing love and we see His wonderful deeds for mankind.
Let us learn to exalt Him in the assembly of the people and praise Him in the council of the elders before we see proof of His mighty deeds, unfailing love and faithful guidance.
Amen?


Brown Baby Quilt

When I first started the Qube Crush QAL, I thought I would make a baby quilt/table topper for each square.  It was too ambitious of a goal for me, so I started making all four weekly squares at the end of the month.  My goal is to make a finished quilt by the end of the QAL. 

But, here is the first quilt I made with Block One of the Qube Crush.  This is definitely not one of my favorite finishes.  

I used some scraps I had on hand, but ran out of my original fabrics, so I pulled the lime green.  I'm thinking of adding some yo-yos to the center in that same green......we'll see if I can fix it up...

Book Date

It has been a fabulous sewing week, but lacking in reading time.  How do you make time for reading and sewing?  

I'm enjoying the The Library Book, but very curious how the author is going to tie everything up with the investigation.  So far, there is a lot of information about libraries, their workings and historical information.  Ms. Orlean offers her reflections on many topics, which I am finding quite interesting and enjoyable.  

Currently Reading

free ebook from RB Digital

Bless Me Ultima by Rodolfo Anaya
(free audio book on RB Digital)

Next Up

 

Pressing On
I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:14

Las week’s goals

1. Visit Mama and Daddy ✔

2. Machine Embroidery:  Finish up the last of the Xmas Decos (gifts)  

3. Continue my Thursday tea towel/secret sewing  

4. Finish flimsy for the Fall Table Topper X  I had a few squirrels in my sewing room!  This should be finished this week.  

5. Finish binding a new quilt. 


This Week's Goals

1. Visit Mama and Daddy 

2. Machine Embroidery:  Dish Towels

3. Continue my Friday tea towel/secret sewing  

4. Finish flimsy for the Fall Table Topper 

5. Get at least halfway finished binding my $7.50 30's quilt.

I’d love to hear what your crafty goals for the week are!

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? @ Book Date 
Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
Oh Scrap! @ Quilting is More Fun Than Housework!
To Do Tuesday @ Home Sewn By Us (Tuesdays)

 Your comments are so appreciated!  

I read each one and will respond by email to you!  :)


5 comments:

  1. I like your first cube quilt. Have you got an intended recipient? You did well on your goals. I’ll have to see about reading The Library Book. I have always been a big reader and I was a school librarian for years. What is RB Digital?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your first cube quilt turned out great. I like the secondary pattern of the plus sign. It's amazing to me that I can easily see the brown diagonal lines but the off-white ones just fade into the background. Someone will love to be covered in your lovely sewing. Thanks so much for linking up today. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. That will make a beautiful quilt for a beloved baby! I make time for sewing and reading by listening to all my books in audio version. RBDigital and Hoopla.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved THE LIBRARY BOOK.

    Thank you for stopping by my blog.

    I'm going to follow your blog and Instagram. Are you Miaismine on Instagram too?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a cute little quilt! I like that block, and have been making some of those, too. I thought The Library Book was fascinating! I liked the combination of the history of libraries and the investigation into the big library fire.

    ReplyDelete