Sunday, August 23, 2020

Saturday's Song: You Got This. Slow Stitching: Tea Towel. Stash Report.

Saturday’s Song:  You Got This by Love and The Outcome

I was so happy to hear this upbeat praise song!  It reminded me when a dear friend of ours shared an encouraging Word.  He said that the LORD had told him (paraphrased), "Don't worry, I got this."


Let us share this message:  The LORD is capable, He has us in the palm of His hand!  He's got us!

Slow Stitching

Here is the Friday’s Tea Towel all stitched up! I changed things up a bit by using the Stem Stitch on this one.  I believe this added some texture and depth to the design.  Isn’t that Teddy Bear the cutest?



Next up?  Saturday!

I’m hoping to have two quilts and a table topper/wall hanging back from my LAQ soon, so I forecast some binding in my future!

Stash Report 8-23-2020

I picked up three ½ yard cuts this week:  the pink and red are simply filling in some holes in my stash  and the white fabric will be sashing in a scrap project I started. 

I also finished binding Pressing Matters!  Yea!  It’s so difficult for me to figure out yardage for scrappy quilts!  Then a quilter somewhere in Bloglandia counted each block as 1/10 of a yard.  That sounded good to me, so I’ll follow suit.  If you know who this wonderful person is, please let me know!

Back to Pressing Matters yardage.  It has 20 blocks, so I’m counting 2 yards for blocks.  The rest of the quilt took 4.25 yards.

Fabric in

This week: 1.5 yards
Since April 1: 78.185
Fabric Out 
This week: 6.25 yards
Since April 1: 120.71 yards 
Difference: + 42.585


No significant changes in yarn usage.

Yarn In
This week: 0 ounces
Since April 1: 56.80 ounces
Yarn out
This week: 0 ounces
Since April 1: 87.50 ounces
Difference: +30.70

A Spirit of Simplicity

Slow Sunday Stitching @ Kathy's Quilts

Sunday Scripture Blessings @ Peabeas Photos and Scribbles

Sunday Stash @ Quilt, Paint, Create


Your comments are so appreciated!  
I read each one and will respond by email to you!  :)

10 comments:

  1. Such cute little tea towel designs! They look fun to stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The teddy bear is adorable. Great numbers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the teddy bear is very sweet, as is your Friday Girl. Enjoy your Sunday, stitching your Saturday Girl. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the days of the week needlework. It’s so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, praise God for all his gifts. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree. He does. We would do better to let him lead the dance rather than try and lead ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the beautiful stitching on your tea towels.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoy seeing your updates. Yes, love that teddy!

    ReplyDelete