Sunday, August 9, 2020

Saturday’s Song: Wake Up Dancin’. Slow Stitching: Finished 30's Table Topper . Stash Report.

Saturday’s Song:  Wake Up Dancin’


Last month was a tough one.  I found out a relative passed away....she and I wrote back and forth from the time I learned how to write.  As some of you are aware of, my memory is not the best.  I would tell my children, "If you ever want to know my secrets, call her.  She remembers them all and has my letters to prove it!"  LOL!  
A dear friend lost one of her own best friend's to Lou Gehrig's disease.  
Last week, a dear friend's mother passed away after a long illness. 
During these times, I often turn to 1 Corinthians 15:55:
This verse has brought me great comfort on so many different occasions.  Now, along with Gordon Mote's song, "Wake Up Dancin' ", I'm even more encouraged.  When my time comes, I hope my family turns to this verse and song.  
For now, I love you my dear friends, you know who you are.  You are in my prayers.

Slow Stitching:  Finished 30's Table Topper
I thought this was going to be a baby quilt, but after stitching on it for a while, I’ve decided the yellow sashing lends itself perfectly as a Spring Table Topper or even, as my husband suggested, a wall hanging!
Progress continues on my days of the week dish towels. Thursday is finished and Friday is coming!

Stash Report 8/9/2020
With the finished brown baby quilt as well as the 1930's baby quilt turned table topper, I my numbers are looking even better!  Next week I should have a larger finish as I'm hoping to finish binding the matching quilt.  
Fabric in
This week: 2.625 yards
Since April 1: 76.685
Fabric Out 
This week: 9.33 yards
Since April 1: 114.46 yards 
Difference: + 37.775

No changes in yarn! 
Yarn In
This week: 0 ounces
Since April 1: 56.80 ounces
Yarn out
This week: 0 ounces
Since April 1: 87.50 ounces
Difference: +30.70

I hope you’ll visit these link up parties! 
A Spirit of Simplicity
Slow Stitching Sunday @ Kathy's Quilts
Sunday Scripture Blessings @ Peabea's Scribble Pad
Sunday Stash@ Quilt, Paint, Create

Your comments are so appreciated! I try to respond to each one via email!

7 comments:

  1. The dish towels are looking good. I'm so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry you have had a horrible month with the passing of your loved ones. As for your stitching your little quilt is pretty and I always love to see a sweet Holly Hobbie-ish girl being stitched.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, death has lost it's sting! Yay! There is hope. You're getting quite a bit done. Baby quilt, table topper, wall hanging--that is a multi-purpose sized quilt! I'm looking forward to next week's larger yet finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry you have had so many losses lately. My brother passed away last month and I am still stinging from that. Your dish towel is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry for so many loses in a short span. The yellow sashing gives the top pizazz. Embroidery is becoming popular again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry for your losses. It’s especially overwhelming when they come in a short time span. The yellow sashing gives the quilt pizazz. A good choice. Embroider is certainly gaining in popularity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m very sorry for your losses. I was with an old friend the other night and we spoke of those we’ve known who have passed away. I suppose with the gift of a long life comes many sorrows but it is comforting to have faith that they are now in a better place with our Father.

    ReplyDelete