Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Philippians 2:20. Love My LQS! To Do Tuesday.

Philippians 2:20.
Scripture
Observation
This verse is best in context.  Paul is talking about sending Timothy to the Philippians to deliver the letter, right? After all, I don't think a postal service was available back then.   Perhaps also to check on his beloved Philippians and report back good news of their situation?  Paul also trusts Timothy:

"I have no one else like him, 
who will show genuine concern 
for your welfare."

Paul is really counting on Timothy to
1) deliver the letter,
2) loving guide guide them Philippians towards unity and cooperation with each other as evidenced by previous Scripture.  

Application
Remember, I am no Bible scholar, these are simply my assumptions as I take the entire letter into account.  And of course use The Layman's Bible Commentary as well as a occasional commentary online.  

But, I can relate to Paul.
Whenever there are issues with my children or even friends/family, I turn to my own "Timothy": my husband.  He is someone "like no one else who will show genuine concern for their welfare." 

I am so grateful that God has provided this man of God who is filled with wisdom, discernment, love and gentleness for me to lean on!  Sure there are times when he drives me absolutely nuts!  But, I love him and I know he loves me.

He is my gift from God. 
I'm grateful for him.

Prayer
Father God, I can hear Paul's broken heart in Philippians, his concern for his people.  I wonder, is that how You feel when we bicker and argue?  when we look out for our own interests, rather than the interests of others?  

Your Word is Your letter to us - showing us Your heart.  Your Holy Spirit is Your - and our - "Timothy", guiding us through this temporary life until we are forever with You.

Thank You, my LORD, for Your Word, the Holy Spirit and my husband.  I'm so very grateful for all of these blessings!


Love My LQS!
One day I was blue.
An elderly loved one is really starting to show their age.  This is hard.  I'm sure you can relate.
I went to my LQS to cheer myself up by petting their beautiful fabric.
When the owner saw me, she knew something was wrong.

After I shared, she gave me this!
I smiled and knew 
exactly who I'm making it for!

I've been trying to "be good" 
and wait until I finish my 
Around the House Embroidery.
But I can't.
I won't.
I know you understand.
Yup.
Gonna start cutting fabric today.
I see you smiling.

To Do Tuesday.
Last week's goals:
1) Finish my BOMs 
the $7.50 Done!
- Drunkard's Path Done!

2) 30 more individual hexies added to the Hexagon Afghan. 3/4 done!

This week's goals:
1) Covered in Love blocks - at least 3-4
2) Keep up with my Quilty 365
3) Add two hexagons to my Hexagon Afghan
4) Turn my Simple Scrappy Sampler into a at least a 50% flimsy.  My goal is to have it into a real flimsy, backing finished and turned into the quilter by the end of the month!

I'm linking up to

10 comments:

  1. Yippie for DONE! And what a sweet LQS owner to gift you with the pattern. I'll look forward to seeing your hexie project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited! Cutting out the fabric today - St. Patrick's Day! It's my weekend project - that will probably take longer than a weekend! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Right! Cutting it out today! Thank you for stopping by and commenting! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear that you're going through that, I hope you and your loved ones find peace in the situation.

    Your LQS is so sweet, what a kind gift and a fun project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I agree! Thank you! I'm so excited to begin this project today! Hopefully it will be a weekend project - but we all know how that can go! :) Thank you for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you! Thank you for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  5. Yippee for finishes!! How wonderful that your LQS noticed you weren't quite yourself and gave you such a neat pick-me-up. I can't wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've pulled the fabric and am eager to share very soon! Thank you for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete