My spirit was deeply touched when I read these beautiful Scriptures at PeaBeas’ Photos and Scribbles. I’ve decided to do a series on them.
29He stilled the storm to a whisper;
Do you have storms in your life that need to “be stilled”? I know I have, I still do and I will in the future. Hence Psalm 46:10: Be still and know He is God. We can attain physically stillness via detachment or some other tool, but to still our minds is indeed another issue.
How does one still the mind?
At a time when I was in physical therapy for pain, I learned a technique called belly breathing. The respiratory therapist recommended I implement this technique 4-5 times a day for five minutes. That sounded daunting until I realized it was fairly simple: when I woke up, after breakfast, lunch, dinner and then at bedtime.
As I did so, I listened to soft music, like Dino’s beautiful piano playing. I was astonished at how much I could now control my pain – and my thoughts.
Once we are truly still, God can take over and still the storms to a whisper. Notice, the Scripture says, “to a whisper”. We have a choice – which voice will we listen to? God’s? or the whisper of the storm?
Fall Fun with New Projects!
First, I plan to use this pattern to make the blocks for the table topper. (more on this below)
|#123 Maple Charm by Corey Yoder|
Then, I’d like to make this Accuquilt friendly Bow Tie Quilted Placemats by Connie Resin @ Freemotion by the River.
Finally, with the scraps, and we all know there will be scraps; I’m planning to make some of these mug rugs. They’re Bloomin’ Mats from Smith Street Designs.
All of these will go well with my fall themed quilt my quilting bee made when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2014.
We’ll see how these “best laid plans” work out.
Did you notice the poinsettia mat on the Bloomin’ Mats’ cover? A set of those would make a lovely Christmas gift, don’t you think?
14I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Last Week's Goals
1. Visit Mama and Daddy via Facetime. ü
2. Machine Embroidery: Xmas Decos (gifts) ü
3. Continue my Thursday tea towel/secret sewing ü
4. Prep some fall sewing: purchase fabric, select patterns & kit them up. ü Making kits for my new projects is so helpful! This particular kit is on a tray from the Dollar Tree!
5. Begin binding a new quilt. ü I'm not sure if this will be a baby quilt or a Spring Table Topper! I'm hoping to share this finish next Sunday, but here's a sneak peak for now! :)
This week’s goals
1. Visit Mama and Daddy
2. Machine Embroidery: Finish up the last of the Xmas Decos (gifts)
3. Continue my Thursday tea towel/secret sewing
4. Finish flimsy for the Fall Table Topper
5. Finish binding a new quilt.
I’d love to hear what your crafty goals for the week are!
It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? @ Book Date
Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
Oh Scrap! @ Quilting is More Fun Than Housework!
To Do Tuesday @ Home Sewn By Us
Your comments are so appreciated!
I read each one and will respond by email to you! :)