Friday, October 7, 2016

Oops! Jeremiah 29:11-13.

Oooops!
Hey there, Everybody!  I sure have missed you!  Tonight is a late night - it's already 2:00 in the morning!  I just can't sleep, so I was working on Block 2 of Moda's Be My Neighbor QAL.  This picture is from Staci at Vintage Fairytale.  Please note her beautiful pinwheel block and her upright chimney.
Image result for Block 2 of Moda's Be My Neighbor QAL
http://blog.vintagefairytale.com/moda-be-my-neighbor/
Everything was going pretty smoothly except, well...
my pinwheel center didn't match up,

some seams didn't match up,

and then,

the straw that broke the camel's back!
Image result for straw that broke the camel's back
http://esl.culips.com/2013/10/learn-from-natural-english-conversation-the-straw-that-broke-the-camels-back/
I got to the chimney....
and mine went sideways! 
Website-oops-blog100823_large_large_large
http://www.burdastyle.com/blog/technical-update-name-errors

Honestly, I thought about taking a picture, but I was so in the zone, I didn't want to stop.  I just had to fix this mistake!!

And not so long ago, I would have.  
No
Matter
What.

And then I realized something:
I didn't care.
I didn't want to fix my chimney.
It's only a chimney.
So guess what I did?

I threw away the offensive chimney, 
cut new pieces,
cleaned up my sewing mess, 
and pinned everything on my design board
for another day.

Then I laughed, 
turned on my praise and worship 
Itunes playlist,
took a nice warm shower,
put on my favorite scented lotion and
my most comfy jammies
and sat down to write you.

It's good to be alive
crooked chimneys and all.
My sewing machine thanks me,
my dogs thank me.

and most of all, 
I thank me.
https://dearoptimists.wordpress.com/tag/hugging-yourself/


Jeremiah 29:11-13
asd
https://cristinakue.wordpress.com/2013/04/03/pending-tattoo/

So, usually when I listen to Itunes, I usually hit shuffle and see what songs God wants me to listen to....never, NEVER has a song played twice in a row.

This one did:


So I thought I'd share it with you!  
God knows the plans He has for me - and you
to prosper us,
not to hurt us,
we have a hope and a future.

And life is good.
Real good.
Except for that misbehaving quilt block 
in my trash.

Maybe I'll pull it out
and put it in my scrap bag.
Maybe.



But, now, it's late.
Time to try and sleep.
Good night/morning!

Dear Friend, this is my truth!

2 comments:

  1. Pretty blocks - love the halloween fabrics. Thanks for sharing on Midweek Makers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's my first time using Halloween fabrics!

      Delete