Monday, October 10, 2016

Philippians 1:17. Blocks and Lunch.

Hello Everybody!
Daisy Flower (13)

http://weneedfun.com/daisy-flower-part-1/

I'm so glad you stopped by!  Today was fabulous!  My four grandbabies, my daughter and my son visited!  It was so much fun!  

My son and the grandbabies played outside and inside in the sandbox, on bikes, with water, and with lasers as they acted out Star Wars!  I was overjoyed to listen to their laughter and play!  
cartoon-kids1
http://www.freelogovectors.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/cartoon-kids1.jpg
Because my son kept the three oldest entertained, my daughter, the baby and I had some great conversations and handsewing time!  She was sewing the binding on one of her beautiful quilts.  I wanted to post a picture of it, but she wanted me to wait until it's finished.

I worked on my grandbabies felt lunch.  I'm almost finished making the bread - one and 1/4 slice left to sew.   


I also finished the 12 string blocks for Covered In Love!  Yea!  I chained stitched them using some 1 1/2" strips I had previously cut.  It took about an hour to make the last five blocks.



I think one of these quilts is in my future!  It was like going down Memory Lane!  :)


Philippians 1:17
SCRIPTURE
OBSERVATION
There were many misguided people out there that were selfishly ambitious, insincere and wanting to stir up trouble. 
All the while they preached the Gospel.
Even as Paul was helplessly “in chains”. 
And they knew it.

APPLICATION
Of course we read the next verse and see how Paul responds.
Which amazes me even more.

I could make this about painful church experiences.
I could make this about pastors whose heart is in the wrong place.
Sadly, those issues exist.
And not only in church. 

But, this study is
about glorifying God,
about finding joy in difficult circumstances.
And Paul did just that.
Image result for joy in trials
https://therunningconversation.wordpress.com/
I have been in a situation in which I dealt with selfishly ambitious people.  And, quite honestly, at the time, my actions contributed to the situation.  I was pretty immature back then. Let’s be honest.  We all have been there.
Thank God for grace.
Thank God for awareness.
Thank God for second chances.

Just, the same, regardless of my response, the situation was still a lose-lose circumstance.  We have all been there. 
Chains are painful.
But, how we deal with them is important.
As it was happening, I could have done better.
But, today, this moment via the blood of Jesus Christ,
I am breaking those chains.
And forgiving those around me back then.
More importantly,
I’m forgiving myself.
Forgiving yourself:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/deeplifequotes/8646559832/

I’m a better person today.
In the future,
I’ll do better to
live more joyfully (The joy of the LORD is my strength. Nehemiah 8:10),
be more gentle with others and,
again, more importantly, with myself.
And so can you.

PRAYER
LORD, thank You for showing me the times I have behaved badly and for teaching me how not to make those mistakes again.  Thank You for giving me the love that abounds more and more in knowledge and depth of insight so that I can discern what is best.  Please do the same for my readers!  Give them the same as well as grace, hope and love!


Amen.

Dear Friends, this is my truth!

No comments:

Post a Comment