Monday, November 21, 2016

Philippians 1:27a. Slow Stitching Sunday & A Hat or Two! :)

Philippians 1:27a continued
Before moving on, I must share a summary of the last post as well as this morning’s events. 

I started this verse here and it has continued here and here. I realized how Paul talked about unity three times in one sentence!



Interestingly enough, this daily email from 1 Minute Bible Love Notes devotional hit the nail on the head!  I highly recommend you read it and follow through with the Bite Size Bible Study! 

In my last post, I ended with the many reasons we lose unity and how I wished I had heard of this slogan earlier. 

We agree on many of the basic principles of our faith, but we get bogged down on details. 


I’m preaching to myself, too, my dear readers! 
I cringe when my own errors come to mind.  However, I’m grateful for the redeeming love and forgiveness of my Savior. 

Perhaps, in this current environment of judgement and rejection we can ask ourselves the all-important question:
PRAYER
Oh LORD, my heart breaks for the times I’ve contributed to an atmosphere of discord as a teacher, mother, wife and child of God.  But, I am so grateful for Your forgiveness and the opportunity to grow!  

Sometimes this blog is so hard to write,
yet somehow You always come through
and helped me to realize that

it’s all ok – it will all be ok….

Transparency is hard.
Writing these words can be hard.
But I know I –
my family,
my friends,
and
my readers
have a great opportunity to grow.

Please bring
unity, healing and Your love
to us,
our families,
our friends,
our churches,
our country!

Let Your will overcome all obstacles in these areas that You may have the victory!

Amen and Amen.


Slow Stitching Baby M2’s Hat

 

I picked up a "Caron Critters" Baby Knit or Crochet Blue Bear Hat Kit to crochet

this hat at Michael’s.  I found it on clearance and one of the best purchases I’ve made.

There is enough yarn to make the baby (3-6 months) hat as well as a hat for Baby C., who is two years old.    I’ll make the ears, eyes and nose myself.  Isn’t it precious? 



I also prepped all my Quilty 365 circles with light interfacing.  They are now ready to be blanket stitched on and joined!  I’m all up to date! 

 As you may have noticed by the huge stack, I am having trouble keeping up.  Part of the reason is simply that I forget to choose a fabric.   Another is lack of organization for my befuddled chemo brain!  J

But, after investing an afternoon of setting up a center and a routine, I’m so excited to continue this project! 

I’ll share about that tomorrow! 

Take care everybody!  Many blessings to all!




4 comments:

  1. That hat is super adorable! I bet all the babies would love to wear a hat like that! :) thanks for sharing on MCM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! He is loving it - and I am almost finished with a matching one for his big brother! :)

      Delete
  2. that hat is so so cute! and yes that was a good deal for sure.
    I am way behind on my 365 circles but the way I look at it.....they may become a different project than they started out as. and that is ok too.......Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love your attitude on your 365 circles! That's thinking outside the box!

      Delete