Sunday, June 26, 2016

Sunday Slow Stitching and Two Finished UFO's!

Sunday Slow Stitching 
and Two Finished UFO's!
As I stated here, I am saving hand stitching for the weekends, for the most part.  I worked all week on this binding and tada!  I finished it today - all 296 inches of it!  I even got the label made and sewn on!  Therefore, according to my mind map, it counts as two finished UFO's! I can share the whole quilt later, after the recipient receives it.  Shhhh!  It'a a surprise!  

I can tell you it's a Take Five On Point.  I picked up the pattern at my local Bernina quilt shop!  Here's what it looks like, though!  

It's truly a labor of love.  You see, I bought the pattern and fabric in the Fall of 2014.  If I remember correctly, I was diagnosed with breast cancer shortly afterwards.  My kind daughter offered to piece the quilt for me.  I spent 2015 in chemo, radiation and recovering from various surgeries.  Finally, it's quilted, bound, labeled and washing as I type.  Tomorrow, it's off to it's recipient!

And, for the first time, I'm linking up to Kathy's Quilts Slow Sunday Stitching!

What Fun!

1 comment: