Thursday, June 16, 2016

Crochet Love. Pain and Meds. Proverb of the Day 16:33. Happy Song.

Crochet Love. 
Crochet and fabric Quilt 3
https://thegreendragonfly.wordpress.com/2015/07/22/crochet-and-fabric-quilt/#comment-13548
Almost a year ago, Janette from The Green Dragonfly posted this beautiful fabric/crocheted blanket that her mother-in-law made.  Honestly, "beautiful" doesn't do this gorgeous blanket/afghan justice!  So, here is more eye candy that you may enjoy!  Here's one from Lori Holt at Bee in My Bonnet
http://beeinmybonnetco.blogspot.com/2012/08/fusion-blanket-crochet-along.html
 Here's another one from Heidi at Sewing Daisies!  
Sewing Daisies: Kaffe Fusion Blanket
http://sewingdaisies.com.au/2011/03/kaffe-fusion-completed/
These ladies are so talented!  I'm definitely inspired! 

Pain and Meds
Today was tough - pain.....but I think I'm realizing that I cannot skip not one dose - not one - of meds.  I think if I remember to take them, I'll have more good days.  I think.
For pain, I'm taking Gabapentin (for fibromyalgia), Vitamin B Complex (recommended by my oncologist) and Alpha Lipoic Acid (recommended by a fellow cancer survivor).  
This website has some great ideas to help us remember to take our meds.  For now, I'll add an alarm to my Smart Phone.  
How do you remember to take your medicine each day?
http://www.mymeds.co.nz/mymeds/looking-for-ways-to-remember-and-organise-your-medicine/dont-forget/

Proverb of the Day 16:33


Again, I prayed and was actively looking for a verse that had never caught my attention.  Boy, this one sure stood out to me!
Observation:
According to Elliot's Commentary, basically we should realize that it's God who provides for us, not coincedence or chance.  Therefore this verse should be an encouragement to us.  
Matthew Henry's Commentary states that we are blessed to "give ourselves" to the will of God, for He knows what's best for us.  
I would like to see the Amplified version of this verse:

So, the way I understand it, there are no coincidences, God determines our fate, our lives....everything....right?

Application:
So, let's look at this.  And if our LORD is in charge, we should rejoice and trust in all circumstances......even in the face of cancer. Ouch...Yup...even in the face of cancer, chemotherapy, surgery, radiation treatment, neuropathy, pain, fatigue, painful memories - in all circumstances.....

Eeesh....this is hard.  I have tears in my throat as I write this.....but it does make sense....
nehemiah-810_3987_1600x1200
https://benziher.wordpress.com/tag/my-strength/
This is precisely how I got through, how I continue to live victoriously in spite of all the aforementioned circumstances.....my faith leads me to joy of the LORD which leads me to strength.....

Prayer
LORD, God, my Abba Father, thank you...thank you...thank you....
Let me recall this lesson:  nothing is coincidence, You are my Providence....
Breast cancer made me 
stronger, wiser, more humble.

Breast cancer brought so much more unity in my family!

Breast cancer introduced many wonderful people in my life.

Breast cancer has indeed been a blessing.
Thank you.

On the same note, however:
Inspirational Quotes For Women With Cancer
http://quotesgram.com/cancer-motivational-quotes/
Happy Song
During Praise and Worship I used to to sing along with songs along this theme with all my heart....
Now I sing along with the same heart, but now I have more clarity about the cost.  

I'm His work of art - scars and all - and - thank God, I'm still praising Him.

Dear Friend, this is my truth!

1 comment: