Friday, June 10, 2016

Proverb of the Day: 6:2. Happy Song.

Proverb of the Day: 6:2
Scripture:
Observation:

The first part of Proverbs 6 is talking about co-signing and, according to Haley’s Bible Handbook, “questionable business obligations.”  I understand the verse in context of this. 
However, verse 2 is what really stood out to me. 


Oh God, how many times have I lay awake at night or 
spent the day troubled by the words of my mouth?
Feeling trapped or being ensnared by what I said? 
http://quotesgram.com/hurtful-words-can-hurt-quotes/#9Y5nT63zYe
Application
First of all, wow!  God is really saying, “Wow, Business Leaders!  Here’s some advice for you!” 
But, onto my personal application.
I’m sure we have all said something we instantly regret.  Then we allow it to haunt us……yup, we do. I usually know instantly when I’ve said something I regret.
Sometimes, at least in my experience, the recipient probably didn’t even notice or even remember what I said.  And I praise God for that!
But, many times they do – and I hurt them. 
Once my careless words fly out of my mouth and that realization hits, I have learned to immediately apologize and ask for forgiveness.  I’m now trying to deal with these issues as soon as possible.
Business leaders – if you’ve made an unwise business deal, God has advice for you as well!

3So so this, my son,
since you have fallen into your neighbor’s hands
go – 
to the point of exhaustion-
and give your neighbor no rest!
4Allow no sleep to your eyes,
no slumber to your eyelids.
5Free yourself , l
ike a gazelle from the hand of the hunter,
like a bird from the snare of the fowler.
Proverbs 6:3-5

http://damselsusarise.blogspot.com/2012/09/if-you-dont-have-nothing-to-say.html

Then I can sleep better at night.  It also helps to apply this question before I speak:I still don’t always remember to follow this standard for my words, but I’m getting better!
Prayer
Thank you for today’s study!  I pray this blog is a blessing to someone out there!
Lord, raise up business leaders all over the world who will run their affairs according to your Word. Raise them up and give them favor that they may set the tone for what a Godly run business can achieve!
Help me to improve on the silence….or to know when to sit in companionable silence!
Amen.
couple
http://unboxedwriters.com/too-many-fractured-realities/#.V1q5gLsrKpA

 Happy Song



Dear Friends, 
This is my truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment