Sunday, July 24, 2016

Simply Wonderful. Slow Stitching Sunday. Thank You!

Simply Wonderful.
This weekend was wonderful.  
Was there pain?
Yes.
Was there fatigue?
Yup.

But
I discovered a brand new quilt shop.
We celebrated my dad's 85th birthday with 
delicious food, 

romantic music...Sinatra, Cole...you know...

I slow danced with my husband as he serenaded me and whispered sweet nothings in my ear.

I got to see my newly engaged sister glow with happiness and love.

My cousin and I were able to have a heart to heart and maybe begin again....

And that was only Friday and Saturday! 
There's more!

Sunday we had a small gathering today to celebrate more birthdays.

I got to play and even sew with my grandbabies.

We had fun conversations
and a tea party!

My granddaughter asked if she could work on one of her two UFO's!  

She's only five but she already has a small stash and two UFO's at "Ama's" house!(That's what they call me.  It means love in Spanish.) 

And I even got a bit of Slow Stitching in!  

God is good.
Even in pain.
Even when exhausted.
Even when there's family fun, love and sharing.
My cup runneth over.....


My Cup Runneth Over Psalm 23  Art Print 8x10 or 11x14 Christian Scripture Bible Verse Religious Inspirational Cup Runs Over
https://www.etsy.com/listing/229772254/my-cup-runneth-over-psalm-23-art-print


Slow Stitching Sunday.
I made progress on my Grandmother's Flower Garden!  How lucky I was to be able to piece the red flower, a white flower, and some white "spacers".  Next week I believe the Hello Kitty flower will join in the fun!  :)




Thank you!
Thank you for reading this blog.  I know we all live full active lives, so I deeply appreciate everyone's views, encouragement and support!  You are the best.  Thank you!
http://www.birthdaydirect.com/tinker-bell-thank-you-notes-p-38155.html

Dear Friend, this is my truth!

7 comments:

  1. I had to chuckle at your little grand already having UFO's. Too precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog from your comment on my blog. Wanted to send an email but your profile is no reply. Just wanted to say hello. I have read much of your story and sending prayers for peace and relief from your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's such an encouragement to know that our cup can overflow with blessings even in the painful seasons of life! Lord bless you on your journey my friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool how you cut that red fabric... so glad you made time for some stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Deb! Thank you for your comment! Yes, it's awesome! I love her sincerity about finishing her UFO's....reminds me of someone..... :) It's a joy to see her sew!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Juliann, I'm sorry about my email situation! I'll go in and see how to fix it! Thank you for letting me know! Thank you for reading my story - I love how God has been faithful and good to our family! Thank you for your prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Quilter Kathy!
    I wish I could take credit for the red fabric! My daughter designed that one! :)

    ReplyDelete