Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Comfort Food: Sopa de macarron. Passing "IT" Down. UFO Update!

Comfort Food:  Sopa de macarron
Every family has that special recipe that Grandma made, those dishes that everyone remembers.  One of ours is Sopa de macarĂ³n – basically macaroni and cheese with a twist! 

On Sundays my paternal Grandmother used to make it with her fabulous red chile enchiladas!  Yum!

I have never seen this sopa offered in restaraunts, so I’m wondering if it’s becoming a lost art? 




My daughter was elated when she mastered the recipe – and so was I!  You’re in for a treat – I’m sharing the recipe with you today!  Now, I don't follow a recipe, but thank God my daughter remembered exactly what she used!  

Ingredients
* 1 12 oz box of pasta (She used bowtie because that's what she had on hand.  I normally use "conchas" - shell pasta. Either one works.)
* 1 cup shredded cheese (She used munster and cheddar - again what she had on hand.  I use the Colby Jack mix.)
* two 8 oz cans of tomato sauce
* 2 tsp. consomate de tomate
* a generous 1/8 tsp of cumin

1.  Boil the pasta according to package directions.
2.  When finished, drain and set aside.
3.  Add the tomato sauce and the spices to the pan.
4.  Bring to a low boil, stirring.
5.  Add the pasta to the tomato mixture.
6.  Add the cheese.
7.  Stir and savor the scents!
8.  Once the cheese is melted, enjoy!

Passing It Down
My daughter is such a special young lady. She said that passing this recipe down from generation to generation is wonderful.  A more important part of our lives we can pass down, is our faith.

Most of my family, to include my Grandmother, was Catholic.  I remember her always wearing a simple chain with medallions of the saints around her neck. She had great faith.  

I am a Protestant, but her faith, as well as the faith of my other family members, was passed to me.  And I have passed it along to my children, much like a cherished recipe of comfort food.

But, let us remember that Jesus is the best "comfort food" there is!
Taste and see that the Lord is good,
Blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him.
Ps. 34  8
http://www.firstcovers.com/userquotes/64441/taste+and+see+that.html


UFO Update
I added a project and completed it, so my percentage of completed UFOs is 12%!  Awesome!  
I'll be sharing that completed project soon!

Dear Reader, this is my truth!

No comments:

Post a Comment