Saturday, July 23, 2016

New Bible Study Area. Philippians.

New Bible Study Area
My baby steps into Bible Journaling began with moving my devotional area into my sewing studio.  Honestly, perhaps I should come up with a new name for this room because it's my 
sewing studio,
crochet and knitting studio,
scrapbooking studio,
and.....
well, my Happy Place!
Hmmmm.......
Maybe that is the new name.....
Alas, I digress!

So, now as I write you and spend time with Jesus, His birds keep me company!

I filled one of my rolling stoarage carts with supplies.....

You see how it opens up?  When I close the lid, this neat little storage area become a mini cutting table complete with my 16" rotating cutting mat.  When not in use, this table slides right under my sewing table!  I'm blessed!

Philippians 1:1-11
To preapare for this study, I am reading and reading these passages several times a day, taking notes as I read.  

One of the characteristics of Paul's writing is that he writes in such absolutes!  Simply observe how many times he uses absolutes such as "all", "every"!   

1Paul and Timothy, servants of Christ Jesus,
To all God’s holy people in Christ Jesus at Philippi, together with the overseers and deacons:
2Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Thanksgiving and Prayer
3I thank my God every time I remember you. 4In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy 5because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, 6being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
7It is right for me to feel this way about all of you, since I have you in my heart and, whether I am in chains or defending and confirming the gospel, all of you share in God’s grace with me. 8God can testify how I long for all of you with the affection of Christ Jesus.
9And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, 10so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, 11filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God.


Another characteristic is his confidence - in our loving God and Savior, Jesus.  His conversion and trials were quite dramatic, Plus, I realize he is writing to a group of people who have supported him from day one:
http://inspire-others.com/verse-of-the-day-2015-01-04/
Philippians 1:7-8
http://www.jeffrandleman.com/philippians-1-7-8/
So, naturally, his confidence would be pumped up, right?  
Not necessarily.......

Think about it.  

As we go through "chains" of trials, are we filled with confidence?  Are we writing letters of encouragement to others?  Remember, 
Paul was 
in jail
in chains
when he wrote this.

God gave him such grace to write these words during such a difficult time.  

As I go through my whole breast cancer journey, it's tough.  But, like Paul, I have had 

moments of great strength,

moments when I encouraged others.
http://pawliang.blogspot.com/

I've also had 

moments when I leaned heavily on others,

moments when I wept, 

moments when I wanted to give up.....
Slowly Giving Up Quotes
http://quotesgram.com/img/slowly-giving-up-quotes/K76jC77Tpd/
moments when I just needed to rest behind someone's shield of faith.
http://thewordsofencouragement.com/bible-verses-about-faith/
We've all had those moments - even our dear friend, Paul.
http://www.budgetlovingmilitarywife.com/2014/12/10/how-my-greatest-strength-became-my-greatest-weakness/
And that's when, my beloved reader, is when we are strong.  
http://68church.com/when-i-am-weak-then-i-am-strong/
So, whether you are in a point in your life where you are 
in chains, 
or 
defending the Gospel, 
lost and weak, 
or 
confident and strong 
YOU ARE NEVER ALONE.  

My dear friend, this is truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment