Sunday, March 20, 2016

My Surrender. Beauty. Proverb of the Day.

My Surrender
Someone I love deeply is experiencing physical pain in their body.  They are realizing that they can't do all they used to.  They have to rest.  I get it, boy do I understand their frustration!  

As I've gone through my own journey of chemotherapy, radiation therapy, arthritis and neuropathy, I've learned some hard lessons in dealing with chronic pain.  

* asking for help
* pain 
* tears
* all of the above have taught me to listen to God, to lean on His everlasting arms, humbleness, compassion for those in emotional in physical pain, it's ok to feel how I feel, to cry, to rest, to be true to myself.  More importantly, my faith has grown by leaps and bounds.

This wasn't easy.  
Growth rarely is.
Growing pains are real.

In my helplessness, I had to learn to surrender.



Remember, like in the video, surrendering doesn't mean all our problems will poof! go away.  My experience started in November of 2014 and I'm still learning.  

It's a process.
It's a long process.
It's a long, healing process.
It's a long, healing process filled with hope, joy and faith.
It's a long, healing process filled with hope, joy and faith that sometimes leaves me feeling worn.


And that's ok.  

Beauty.
Today is the first day of Spring!  I have spent several hours in Bible Study and writing this blog surrounded by beauty and the sounds of birds serenading me! 

But there's a bright side!  
Here's some beauty from ashes!  (By the way, you're going to see a tree with it's branch hanging out - she's waving hello to you!)


This is on the side of my home.
I set up the bird feeder outside my sewing studio window so I can see the birds eat.
My makeshift water feature is also in my line of vision.
Do you see the branch waving "Hello" to you?



This is the basket I carry out to my yard. 

Can you see the new bird's nest?!  I'm so excited!


In spite of all of the above in the "My Surrender" section of this post, there is so very much to be thankful for!

Proverb of the Day
This month I'm focusing on the #PromisesfromProverbs.   Here's today's with a comment.  I post these on Instagram @miaismine22.

                            

                         

I guess the nest belongs to a family of robins!  Ahhhhh!

Dear Friend, this is my truth!



































No comments:

Post a Comment