Wednesday, March 16, 2016

CURED. 30 Days. Lesson learned?

.

Cured
Ok,  as a friend of mine says, "Here's the deal."  
I had my last radiation treatment on November 13, 2015.
Shortly thereafter, my oncologist followed up.
Based on my fabulous reaction to chemotherapy - I was cancer free after chemo!  Who knew?
Based on zero cancer cells being found in the area removed from my left breast and lymph nodes - I was cancer free!

So......he actually used the word "cured" at my follow up.


image
https://4timesandcounting.wordpress.com/2015/02/04/its-my-cancerversary-and-i-dont-feel-like-celebrating/
















30 Days

So, as the days have flown by since that office visit, I've slowly begun the process of learning to live post cancer. 

It takes time.  A lot of time. From what I've read - years even.......yup.


image


Cancer changes EVERYTHING.  TRULY. EVERYTHING.
My outlook on life - don't sweat the small stuff - enjoy every precious moment.  
My body - be gentle with me, listen to my body.
My desire to know God - is even stronger and I'm more willing to act on His guidance.  
My fears of reoccurrence - are always there, but hopefully not life controlling.  
My fears of every little change in my body - again, pay attention, but try not to obsess.  
My appreciation of life - it's deeper.
My love for family and friends - is deeper and stronger.
EVERYTHING.

As I'm dealing with fatigue and the oh so painful neuropathy, I'm learning to listen to my body and be gentle with myself - balancing these needs with my tendency to grab life by the horns and enjoy the ride - laughing in the wind - and knowing I will pay for this enjoyment later.  


heart-healthy-change-journey
https://intermountainhealthcare.org/blogs/2015/08/heart-healthy-change-life-long-roller-coaster-ride

30 Days
Here's the thing.  I really felt like I need and want to get back into the working world.  But, doors have been gently closed by God.  There has been a wandering of sorts in my spirit. 

I want to do something with my life!  Yes, taking care of my family, spending precious time with my grandbabies, sewing, gardening, reading, crocheting, learning to knit, Bible study, keeping up my home, visiting dad and friends.....whew!   That's quite a list!  

I just want to somehow enrich the lives of others.  I want to be a blessing to hurting people.  I want to encourage.  But how?

As I was driving home Monday afternoon from visiting Dad, I listened to praise and worship music and - yet once again - shared my heart with my Lord and Savior.  

Then He spoke.
"Yes, there are days you're in a wheelchair.  You can't always walk.  But I have given you something - this blog.  People have told you how blessed they've been when they've read it.  Why have you stopped blogging?"  

ouch.  cringe.  

"I challenge you to blog every day for thirty days.  See what I can do."

Eeeesh.

The answer was right in front of me.  And I'm never one to walk away from a challenge.  

I bet God knows that - huh - what are the chances?  :)
Inspirational Image: Answers
http://healthruwords.com/inspirational-pictures/answers/
Lesson learned?



Jennifer J Camp post image on listening for God
http://www.jenniferjcamp.com/how-do-you-listen-for-god/
So, for the next 30 days I will blog.  Before I check social media, play Panda Pop, sew, crochet, read, or go to bed....I will blog and see what He will do..........  :)



Taste And See That The Lord Is Good
http://www.lovethispic.com/image/3140/taste-and-see-that-the-lord-is-good

Wanna join me and see what happens?

Dear Friends, this is my truth!

No comments:

Post a Comment