Thursday, March 24, 2016

Proverb of the Day.

I found it interesting that yesterday's Proverb of the Day and today's both say, "and your hope will not be cut off."  I have to believe the LORD is encouraging me to continue in learning to live a quieter lifestyle, in learning to listen to His voice.  I am becoming more serene every day and more hungry to spend time with Him.  

                                
There is debate over the identity of wisdom in Proverbs.  I am by no means a theologian, but here are my two cents.  In this verse, I see wisdom as twofold:  

1)  I see it as literally as wisdom.  Wisdom is sweet to our soul and with it, we do have a future.

2) Yet, I also see wisdom personified as my as my LORD, Jesus Christ - especially due to the reference to hope.  

Know also that wisdom is like honey for you: 
Honey is sweet, some have told me it helps with their allergies and helps heal cuts or surgical incisions.  
Hmmm......sweet healing, like Jesus.

If you find it, 
Both wisdom and honey are difficult to find.
It takes tenacity and can be painful.

http://www.storiesfrombashkortostan.com/2012/05/beekeeping-bashkirian-pasttime.html
                                         
It's the same with our spiritual walk which also takes tenacity and, quite honestly, sometimes it is painful. But it is worth the effort.

Today I was rereading some of my journals from a couple of years ago.  

I was shocked!  

I barely recognized that broken, insecure woman!  I was blessed and praising God for the growth in my faith and persona.  

If you journal, I highly recommend you reread your journals to see the wonderful work God is doing in your life as well!

there is a future hope for you, 
My future is in Him.  
My hope is in Him.

and your hope will not be cut off.  
Proverbs 24:14
Our hope is never cut off.
Ever.
Cancer cannot cut it off.
Abuse cannot cut it off.
Anger cannot cut it off.



http://jesustotheworld.tumblr.com/page/4

So, yes, wisdom - Jesus - are sweet to the soul, well worth the search for it because we will then always have a future hope that will never be cut off!
Amen.
And Amen!

Dear Friend, this is my truth!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment