Monday, March 21, 2016

For Fun. The Future

For Fun
Before we had grand babies, our Easter celebration consisted of all grown-ups.  So, I started the tradition of an adult Easter Egg Hunt to liven things up a bit. It was really cute seeing our parents with "aches and pains" suddenly recover to gather their eggs!  :) Now, with three grand babies, it's all the more fun!  A few years ago, I made two Easter baskets for my grand babies.  Here's one of them:


Add caption

I used this tutorial and this one.  So, this year my youngest grandson gets his basket as well!  

Why is it that I always find these "neat ideas for the kids" AND decide to make them four days before the event?
I'm currently making these Easter bunnies for my grandbabies.  Now, I know how to crochet waaaay better than I know how to knit, so I figured this was out of the question, until a friend said, "You could even crochet these! Duh!  So I am!

How to Knit a Bunny from a Square for Easter by Studio Knit
http://www.studioknitsf.com/2015/03/how-to-knit-a-bunny-from-a-square-for-easter/
I realize that Easter is definitely not just about Easter bunnies and Easter Egg Hunts.  However, these were just too cute to pass up!

The Future
Today, I was thinking about the week I was waiting for the test results to see if the cancer had metastasized.  It was tough.  
During one of my devotional times, I came across 1 Corinthians 13:7.
http://www.christianstatements.com/love-always-protects-1-corinthians-13-vinyl-wall-decal
  Here was my response in my second attempt at Bible Journaling.              
                     
I didn't know the results,
but God did.
I didn't know what I would do if they were positive, 
but God did.
I don't know, but God does.


jeremiah 29:11-14
http://www.godswordimages.com/wallpaper/prosperity/jeremiah-29-11-14/
Dear friends, this is my truth!

No comments:

Post a Comment