Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Standing

22297_382044198537831_145420945_n
 
As you could probably tell from my last post, yesterday was a tough day - and so was today. A cold, dreary day.  Perfect for a pity party.

But then came the afternoon with bird watching, prayer and meditation.  Now don't think I'm all spiritual.  I'm just an average person with a faith I cling to, I rejoice in and I am so grateful for. 

Last weekend my sweet husband raked up the fallen leaves and made my backyard look beautiful.  I set out seed in high feeders for the birds who are trying to make it through the winter's low temps.  Then, lo and behold, there were actually robins in our backyard!  This is huge for us!  We get doves, pigeons and sparrows - but robins!  That was cause to celebrate!  Imagine the joy that coursed through my depressed and discouraged heart when I saw them!  My little flame of faith began to glow with an even brighter light. 

I prayed and let the Lord know how tired I was of trying, of fighting, of advocating for myself.  And you know what my good friend, my advocate who controls all things said to me?  He said, "You're not quitting, you're standing.  There's a difference.  You have been fighting, advocating and trying.  You've been so busy that you forgot to let go and let God. Just stand now, stand in faith."

10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.
11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.
12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God,
so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to
stand your ground,
and after you have done everything, to stand.
14 Stand firm then,
with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place,
1and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.
1In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith,
with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.
17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
 
So, I'm letting go and letting God.  And I'm still standing.
 
For today, that's my truth.

2 comments:

  1. And when you get tired of standing, you get on your knees, and He will be there with you. Continued daily prayers my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen! I appreciate your friendship and steady faith!

      Delete