Thursday, January 22, 2015

Hugs. Heartbeats. Reality Came A Knockin'. Nails. Tears. Tenderness. Part 2

Well, here's Part 2. 

My sister-in-law, the one being treated for breast cancer FOR THE SECOND TIME recommended I remove my gel nails. Now most of you know I'm not really foo-foo and that I didn't want to begin getting "my nails done", but I did - at the request of my precious husband.  He makes such few requests, how could I deny him?

Anyway, I went to get them taken off and I cried.  I couldn't believe I was crying over gel nails!  But I was and, as Shakespeare said, "To thine own self be true."  So I am.  I cried.....
realizing I could lose so much more than fancy fingernails. 
Realizing and wondering what else I may lose. 
Realizing that I'm blessed to have so many loving people surrounding me. 
Realizing that God is still good.

Afterwards my daughter, grandbabies and I spent time together.  As I cried with her ( yes, it was a crying day), she said, "Ok, I was saving this, but you need it now."  Look what she made for me!  This is called a Mondo Bag.  She and I took the class at our local Bernina quilt shop.  With everything going on, I asked her to finish it for me and wala!  She did!  Isn't it beautiful?!   And that's not all....
She made me this linen clutch!  With my favorite hexagons and her lovely Dresden plate!  It goes perfectly with the Mondo bag and will be great to keep me organized!  And there's more clutches to come!  I tried showing a picture of the back, but oh my!  My technological learning curve is somewhat vertical!
 

 

Well, as the kids napped, I ran to Jo Ann's for retail therapy to pick up some things we really needed.  I actually started tearing up at the register and broke down in my car.  But you know what?  It's ok.  I may have shared this before:
 
There is a sacredness in tears.
They are not the mark of weakness, but of power.
They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues.
They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love.
 
 
My daughter and grandbabies showed me love and tenderness all afternoon, until I was ready to come home.  Life is good, real good.
 
Romans 8:31
What, then, shall we say in response to these things?
 If God is for us, who can be against us?
 
And for today, that is my truth.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment