Monday, January 5, 2015

How It All Began - Part 2

Hello There!

I've realized that, for a season, I'll be taking you back and forth in time.  the first part of my posts will be the latest news.  The second part will be the wonders God has performed up until this point.  Eventually the two shall meet. 

We have definitely decided to go to MD Anderson.  I called my wonderful oncologist and they are beginning to make arrangements. 

Lately I have felt like a tortilla, flipping back and forth between choosing doctors, locations, treatments and dealing with my insurance company!  My God!  So many decisions.  But, in my heart of hearts, I knew MD Anderson was in my future.  A few events led up to this decision.

1) When the mass was first found, back in November, I looked at a panel quilt I had made and knew, just knew in my heart, that I would be stitching the binding by hand in our truck on our way to Houston.  I believe now that the Lord was guiding me.  Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways, submit to Him and He will make your paths straight.  Proverbs 3:5-6

2)  My oncologist already has a great working relationship with MD Anderson, understands my indecision about what to do and finally offered to arrange the appointment himself to get me in faster. 

3) I shared my conflicting feelings with my dad and then asked him what he would do in my situation.  He told me he would go for the best care possible. Then he walked me through my fears, helped me face them and helped me realize how insignificant they were.  Thank God for daddies!

4) My darling husband's unwavering support, love and patience with me during this whole journey.  He is amazing - my precious gift from God!

Life is indeed fabulous!

This past Sunday, as we were waiting for a friend, Pastor came up to us, and, after a brief introduction, asked us if there was anything he could pray for us about.  Wow!  As my husband explained our situation, I saw his loving concern for me in his face.  I am blessed beyond words.  As they both prayed over the entire situation, I could only agree and praise God!  Then, I saw the tears building in both their eyes.  There is a sacredness in tears.  They are not the mark of weakness, but of power.  They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues.  They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love.  - Washington Irving

I heard this quote on Criminal Minds, I know, I know!   But this show has awesome quotes!  I found it on  http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/w/washington149294.html


Time to switch gears and continue the tale of how it all began:

After this church service, we continued prepare for Thanksgiving and live our lives.  We had a great Thanksgiving, which was made all the sweeter by knowing that, as my sister later wrote, "We are a small family, but very strong."  I believe I appreciated my family even more as we sat around the table. 

Then, as we prepared for church, the following Sunday I believe, I was singing a praise and worship song I had heard the first time we attended our church.  It totally blessed me then and even now.  I realized that ever since we switched services, we never heard it.  So, I asked God if He would please let me hear it as I got ready.  When it didn't play, I didn't give it a second thought.  Silly me!  When we went to church,  a substitute praise and worship band was there.  Yup, you guessed it!  They sang the song I asked God for!  He gave me my own little live concert in which I could praise Him!  It was "One Thing Remains (Your Love Never Fails) by Bethel Music and Brian Johnson.  Here's a link to the song:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot6JKzTSby0
HE LISTENS TO US!
And, for today, that's my truth!

No comments:

Post a Comment