Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Wednesday's Word: Psalm 107, Part 2. Wednesday Wrap Up. I Like New Recipes!

Wednesday’s Word:  Psalm 107, Part 2
As I shared on Monday, I was immensely blessed by the Scripture shared on PeaBeas’ Photos and Scribbles so much so that I’ve decided to do a series on them. Last Monday we looked at verse 29a. Today we’ll look at verses 29a – 30.

29
He stilled the storm to a whisper;
the waves of the sea
30
They were glad when it grew calm,
and He guided them to their desired haven.
31
Let them give thanks to the Lord for His unfailing love
and His wonderful deeds for mankind.
32
Let them exalt Him in the assembly of the people
and praise Him in the council of the elders.
Psalm 107:29-32

The very waves of the sea are glad when their rough waters grow calm. It is once these waters are calm that the LORD can guide them. It is rare to function in a healthy manner when we are upset. But, once we are calm, we can focus, process and act with presence of mind.  
Once our bodies, hearts, minds, and spirit grow still, we are able to calmly choose which voice we will listen to: the voice of guidance from our LORD or the whisper of the storm.

Let us choose His voice and enjoy His peace, 
let us be glad as calmness encases our entire being, 
let us be still, 
let us know He is God 
as we forth with confidence, joy and peace 
cognizant of His guidance!


Wednesday’s Wrap Up

Last week I shared my second Mother/Daughter BOM quilt – the Scrappy Hearts Quilt Pattern by Emily Davis.  Well, I had enough blocks left over to make a pillow, which you saw last week, as well as a baby blanket!  It came out so cute, don’t you think?

Oh my gosh!  Seriously!  I see the same mistake as in the full sized quilt!  LOL!

I Like….New Recipes! 
My husband and I are having fun trying out new recipes. These are recipes we’re going to try out “one day”.
Honey Chicken Drumsticks
Cilantro Lime Chicken Thighs
Here are a few that have made it into our meal rotation.
My daughter showed me this recipe for Korean Ground Beef and Rice Bowls by Alyssa, The Recipe Critic. Both of us use it as a base for our meal. I’ve added bell peppers or broccoli to make it extra yummy!
This Slow Cooker Beef Bourguignon also by Alyssa, is delicious! Please don’t let the long list of ingredients intimidate you – most of her ingredients are staples in my kitchen and perhaps in yours as well!
Along with Alyssa’s recipes, we love Jamie Oliver’s recipes! They are incredibly easy to make!  
His Golden Pork Escalope has become another family favorite!   
Another of his recipes was immediately gobbled up – Ginger Shakin’ Beef!  Seriously delicious!  
I hope you try and enjoy some of these recipes! I would love to hear about your experiences!

Linking up to these awesome parties!
Midweek Makers @ Quilt Fabrication
Needle and Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation
I Like @ Not Afraid of Color
Can I Get a Whoop! Whoop! @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict (Friday’s)

 Your comments are so appreciated!  

I read each one and will respond by email to you!  :)


2 comments:

  1. The baby quilt is darling! Like I said it is your signature with the extra triangle! And makes it uniquely you! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is adorable as a baby quilt!!! I love your blooper in there. You can always say--"I was just testing you to see if you'd notice!" All your food talk is making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete