Sunday, July 22, 2018

Saturday's Song: Tell Your Heart To Beat Again Stash Report.

Saturday's Song:  Tell Your Heart To Beat Again
November 26, 2014.  
"You have a tumor in your breast.  It's really deep in there.  You need a good surgeon because this type of tumor cannot be handled by just any surgeon."

My heart stopped beating for a season.

November 13, 2015.
After 6 months of chemotherapy and 42 days of radiation, I reached the last day of treatment!  
As I drove home, I erroneously believed I would immediately return to the person I was before.

It's been 2 1/2 years and I still live with the effects of chemotherapy.  I told my daughter one day, "I just want the old me, to be normal again."
She wisely said, "You are normal, this is your normal - you're alive."
I stopped in my tracks!  Praise God!  I'm alive!  Furthermore, I'm getting stronger every day.

July 17, 2018.  My heart is beating again....I guess it's been beating for some time.


Here's the story behind the song.



Are you going through cancer?  
Are you going through a trial?
Are you heartbroken?
Has your heart stopped beating?

Your heart will beat again.  
You will thrive again.
You will appreciate life more than ever before.
Tell You Heart To Beat Again.

Slow Stitching
My dear readers, please be careful when cutting fabric with a rotary cutter.  This week I cut my finger pretty badly - 1/2" long, about 1/4" deep.  I decided not to go to the hospital choosing instead to treat at home.  After a phone consult with my surgeon, (I called him because I cut on the same side as my ancillary node dissection and we have to be careful with that side.), he was pleased with how we're treating it, though he felt I should have had stitches. Please be careful, my friends.

Consequently, there's not a lot going in the stitching department.  I can, however, type with both hands now!  :)

I did make these yo-yo's
and embroider a bit.  Still Stitching continues to give me time to rest in Him and remember His Word and lessons.  
                                                               #1stitchaday
Stash Report
Don't you think this yarn would be a beautiful shawl/scarf?  At $1.47 a skein, I had to pick it up!
No changes in fabric....

Fabric used since last time
0
Previous total
57.945
To Date used
57.945
Fabric Donated
14.000
To Date out
71.945


Fabric in since last time
1.75
Previous total
81.00
To Date in
82.75
Net in the red (more bought than used!)
-10.805
Yarn used since last time
0
Previous total
58.80
To Date used
58.80


Yarn in since last time
6.00
Previous total
205.30
To Date in
211.30
Net in the red (more bought than used!)
-152.50




Sunday Scripture Blessings @ Peabea's Scribble Pad

Paulette's Papers 
updated:  forgot to add this new to me link!  :)

14 comments:

  1. I've not tried them, but they do make gloves to protect your hands when cutting. Pretty yarn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Donna! I ordered one! It was supposed to be in tonight...maybe tomorrow! Thank you! After I finish my current prayer shawl, this yarn is next to be hooked! :)

      Delete
  2. I think it is wonderful that you have found and accepted a new normal. I have not personally experienced a cancer diagnosis, but my BIL was a 10 year survivor of esophageal/stomach cancer. From his diagnosis on he feared every sniffle was cancer. Ultimately he passed away recently from unrelated disease that he stopped treating as he didn't believe he could die from it. Sadly he rarely enjoyed life during those 10 years. It sounds like you are enjoying the life that you have been blessed with. Your stitching is beautiful and I really love that yarn..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow.....I'm so sorry to hear about your BIL. Early in my recovery, my PCP told me, "You can be a thriver or victim after cancer. You have to choose." That really opened up my eyes to live life to the fullest, face my fears and play! It's all a choice we make. My pastor preached a sermon, "Do You Want to Get Well?" last Sunday that truly blessed me. If I want to get well, I have to get up! Prayers for you and your family!

      Delete
  3. The crochet banner at the top is lovely, and yes on the yearn for a shawl. Love the coloring of it. Your daughter sounds very wise to give her mom the words she needed to hear at the time. Yes, thank God we're alive to enjoy his beautiful earth another day. Thanks for sharing at Sunday Scripture Blessings.

    Peabea from Peabea Scribbles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment on the top banner - I just learned how to place it there! Yes, my daughter is a wise one. Thank you for hosting Sunday Scripture Blessings!

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry to hear about your cut. I hope you recover quickly. Most of us rotary cutter users have been there. I know I have. I do so love that song. And the story behind it. I like the reminder that it can apply to any trial in life. Tell your heart to beat again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I seem to be recovering - typing is now easy, peasy again! The day I typed this post it was....awkward! I'm sorry you have cut yourself as well - it really hurts - doesn't it? Yes, our hearts can beat again...always.....

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful blog! I love your design at the top. I haven't done much stitching lately except for crocheting some dishcloths. That yarn you got does look lovely for a shawl. Hope you are able to make it. And I love your daughter's very wise words to you! Blessings! I'm your neighbor at Dani's linkup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gail, for your encouraging comments! Yes, that yarn will soon be a shawl, God willing! Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Ouch on the cut! I work so hard to be careful, and make everyone around me be careful, but accidents happen. What a great song. It's true of grief, too. For a long time, you don't feel your heart is beating. It has to be a conscious decision to move forward. I'm glad your heart is beating! You'll soon be using more fabric and yarn, yes that is gorgeous yarn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, accidents happen...I still can't figure out how I got the middle finger instead of the pointer finger, though! :) Yes, we must decide to move forward and let our past be our teacher and, quite possibly, our ministerial tool. Thank you for your encouraging comments!

      Delete
  7. Thank you so much for linking up at Paulette's Papers! I cross stitch but I will admit I have not done so in a few years. I really need to! I am almost done with The Lord is My Shepherd- It is a big prjoct that needs a few more months to be completed. :) Blessings to you this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dani! I would love to see your The Lord is My Shepherd! You know, you may have posted it already...I'll go by and visit you to see if I can find it! :) Thank you for hosting Paulette's Papers! Your work is gorgeous!

      Delete