Tuesday, July 17, 2018
Thoughtful Tuesday. To Do Tuesday.
Remember when we first met our husbands? Again, Crystal from Crystal Storms blessed me as she took me down Memory Lane in her post How to Cherish Your Unique Husband. She reminded me how much I wanted to learn about him back then.
Now, 39 years later, I still study him, wanting to know more about him. It is amazing how much we have changed over the years - he still surprises me - and I still cherish him.
Crystal shares beautifully thoughtful ways to increase our knowledge of our husbands. Her last question: What is one way you can affirm how God created him? This question was my confirmation that my daily habit of thanking him and making positive comments about his actions and character on a daily basis can never grow old. We are after all the mirror in which our husbands see themselves.
To Do Tuesday
Last Week's List
1) Quilt the fabric and cut out the pieces for the 2nd backpack. ✔
2) Cut out the pattern and create templates for the cute whale! My hubby cut out the templates for me! Sweetie Pie! ✔
3) Work on my Spring Granny Square Afghan! ✔
4) Join these corners to these Flying Geese for Comfort Quilt #3. ✔
These are ready to be trimmed.
These are paired up, ready to be sewn into four patches.
This Week's List
Luckily, my appointments are minimal this week (knock on wood), so I think I can get the following finished!
1) Backpack: I would like to stitch all around my quilted pieces to seal the edges. After that, I am going to prepare the rest of the pieces by fusing the various interfacings, making the bias binding, padded handle, straps and strap tabs. I also need to prepare the front flap of the backpack pocket. It sounds like a lot, but I do not think it will take too long.
2) This actual instructions for sewing the Oreo Orca are three pages with tons of pictures. I am hoping to finish the following sections: patches, tummy, tail, fin and sewing the top together. Luckily, there is a "Sew with Me" webpage! I am getting excited about this project!
3) Continue making those pretty, green flowers for my Spring Granny Square Afghan!
4) Finish the flimsy for Comfort Quilt #3.
5) Make more four patches - of course!
Hope you will visit and link up to these great parties!