Monday, July 16, 2018

Next Steps with God. Machine Embroidery. Book Date.

Next Steps with God
After our Still Stitching series, I'm at a bit of a loss as to where to take the Bible section of this blog.  So, until God gives me clear direction regarding another series, I will share what I have been learning recently.  I hope you are blessed by these sharings.  


Many years ago, I took this verse quite literally viewing it as a ladder of my spiritual progress during trials.  
I would ask myself these questions:
Was I merely suffering?  persevering?
Or was I allowing God to shape my character?
Finally, did I have the hope that does not disappoint/shame?  

Late last year, I had lost hope.
It was gone and I had no desire to seek it.  I was weak and broken.
Awwwww, but it is when we are weak that we are strong!  
My precious LORD and Savior, Jesus Christ, reminded me of my ladder to hope!  I had been merely suffering.  Slowly, I began to persevere!  
Then I humbly began to accept God's shaping of my character via this simple tool:
                                                            #1stitchaday
Slowly, hope returned.  
I am again filled with hope and peace!!!!  The situation remains largely unchanged, but God changed me!  

He can change you as well!    
Give Him a try, what do you have to lose?

Machine Embroidery
Guess what?  I have a new addition to my sewing machines!  I am now the proud owner of a Bernina 560 with the embroidery attachments!  

To be honest, I've had it a while, but was waiting for my complimentary Mastery Classes.  These are a six-week course which Bernina dealers offer to "master your machine"!  Plus, if I need a refresher, I can go back at any time!  

Here is one of the first projects I made!  
 
Book Date
Reading


Peace in the Valley (Double S Ranch, #3)
Peace in the Valley by Ruth Logan Herse 
The Silent Wife

As I mentioned last week, I joined the 12 Annual Canadian Book Challenge hosted by Melwyk at The Indextrious Reader.  I found The Silent Wife by A.S.A. Harrison at my local library and will be starting it this week.  It seems kind of eerie, but I'll give it a go!
Audiobooks
How Hard Can It Be?  by Allison Pearson has been eighty-sixed....sadly I just couldn't get into this tale.  
Keeping Faith
I'll be starting Keeping Faith by Jodi Picoult this week as well.  

Finished
10836813
I was sad to finish The Time in Between by .  I miss Sira, the protagonist, so much!  This five star book had a great plot, historical facts, fabulous narration, intrigue and a strong female protaginist on top of a fabulous ending.  As I was discussing this book with a friend, she told me that the book is a series on Netflix.  Yes, you know me.  I'm watching it!  Ms. Dueñas has a new fan!  
The High Tide Club
The High Tide Club was an great read that had a bit of mystery, intrigue, romance, and intrigue!  Definitely recommend this one!  

You can see the list of books I've read over at Goodreads!  My user name is, of course, Miaismine!


Linking up to

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new addition! Your flower applique is adorable. I hope you have fun with many more projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should get into reading again, but it is not my passion right now. I do share your passion of spiritual things. My faith means everything to me. I sincerely agree that Jesus Christ will heal our hearts and help us find not only hope but joy. He wants to carry our burdens if we will but allow him to.

    Congratulations on your embroidery machine. That is like a whole new hobby, one of which I have not yet obtained.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am currently reading The Farleigh Field...WW2 history story. Enjoy your new toy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Farleigh Field sounds intriguing. After reading the summary on Goodreads, I've added it to my "want to read" list! Thank you for sharing! Yes, I'm enjoying my new toy! :)

      Delete
  4. Your book list looks interesting. I have found myself reading more and more of late. I abhor the TV and almost never watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool embroidery. I wish I had a talent for artistic things. Every art project I attempt turns out messy. I hope you have a good week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You know, I have found that everyone has an "art" they are so talented at completing! A friend of mine has tried sewing and crocheting to minimal success - her art is cooking and research! Another family member crochets ans sews beautifully, but doesn't indulge. However her talent is decorating. Her homes have always been stunning - decorating on a dime is her talent!

      I bet you have one as well! :) Hugs to you!

      Delete
  6. I appreciated reading your experience about suffering leading to perseverance and hope. And I'm always interested to see what you're reading. I recommend "If I Run", on RBdigital. I recall you saying you have access to RBdigital, also. I just finished that and am listening to "If I'm Found", the sequel, now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your encouraging words! I added the books you recommended to my Goodreads "Want to Read" list. I looked for them on my RBdigital app, but no go....I wonder if accessibility to books is based on location? Technology! :) Thank you for sharing!

      Delete