Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Thoughtful Tuesdays. To Do Tuesday.

Thoughtful Tuesday

Today I would like to share Color Coded Bible Study, a method discussed by Ruth O'Neal at TheMennonite.  I’m going to give you a brief outline, but her post has all the details.  You will need a Bible that you will be coloring in, colored pencils, a pen, a highlighter and a notebook. 
  1. Read the chapter you have chosen to study.  
  2. Then, follow her suggestions for coloring in various details of the chapter. Sometimes I do this step in one sitting, sometimes over a period of days.  It’s up to you and how the Holy Spirit is working in your heart.
  3. Your next step is to read the chapter as if you are the author and journal about who you are, where you are and who your audience is. 
  4. Now you’ll read the chapter again, but from the perspective as the recipient.  Journal about the message you are being sent.  During both of these steps, I often refer to my color-coding and the results are amazing!  The depth of awareness increases in even the most familiar passages of Scripture. 
  5. Next you move onto following the “bread crumbs” – the extra references in the margins of your Bible.  Ruth has excellent guidingquestions for this step! 
  6. The next step is to see what scholars have to say about your passage.  For now, I’m using Biblehub as a reference for this part. Again, seek out Ruth’spost for this section.  Her additional comments will greatly enrich your study.
  7. Finally, apply what you’ve learned to your life! 

I applied this to Psalm 1.  Here’s what it looked like. The paper is white - not sure why it came out the way it did, but I like it! 

The framing was just a bit of doodling…..
Here’s what my Bible looked like in May when I did my “dry run”.  When I picked up Psalms to begin this study last week, I gleaned so much more as I journaled! 
 Thank you, Ruth for sharing such a powerful tool!
To Do Tuesday
Last Week's List
Progress was greatly hampered by a misfortune - I cut my middle finger with a rotary cutter.  Yuck!  How I caught my middle finger is beyond me.  I refused to go into the ER and opted to treat it at home with my dear husband doing the heavy lifting.  After several days of Neosporin and bandages, I am down to just a band-aid and alternating Neosporin and fresh aloe vera.  

As it was on the side of the ancillary node dissection and lumpectomy, I called my surgeon who said as long as it doesn't  get infected, I am good.   My PCP said it looks good and sent me off for a tetanus shot.  

I did order the Klutz Glove and will be a faithful user of it!  :)

1) Backpack:  I would like to stitch all around my quilted pieces to seal the edges.  After that, I am going to prepare the rest of the pieces by fusing the various interfacings, making the bias binding, padded handle, straps and strap tabs. I also need to prepare the front flap of the backpack pocket.  It sounds like a lot, but I do not think it will take too long.  ✔ This was before I cut myself.

2) The actual instructions for sewing the Oreo Orca are three pages with tons of pictures.  I am hoping to finish the following sections:  patches, tummy, tail, fin and sewing the top together.  Luckily, there is a "Sew with Me" webpage!  I am getting excited about this project!  X To be added to this week.  I did manage to cut out all the pieces and get some parts sewn on!
 The white fabric is a glow-in-the-dark fabric!
3) Continue making those pretty, green flowers for my Spring Granny Square Afghan! X Crocheting was out of the question, maybe this week?  I did however make these yo-yos!


4) Finish the flimsy for Comfort Quilt #3.  X

5) Make more four patches - of course! X
This Week's List
will look a lot like last week's list.  
1) Backpack:  Hopefully get through at least 1/2 of section 3's instructions.

2) Oreo Orca:  I would like to finish the  tummy, tail, fin and sewing the top together.  The "Sew with Me" webpage is helpful!  

3) If I'm able, I would like to finish the green flowers for my Spring Granny Square Afghan

4) Finish the flimsy for Comfort Quilt #3.  

5) Trim my four patches.


Hope you will visit and link up to these great parties!




No comments:

Post a Comment