I'm getting better and better after cataract surgery! I'm seeing so clearly now and back to sewing! Yea! Here's a little something I crocheted while recovering!
Mason Jar Cosy
Great use of the bit of leftover yarn
Speaking of Mason Jar Meals....
This is the third week my daughter and I have been enjoying mason jar meals. I've learned a few lessons that I want to share with you.
Mason Jar Salads
I stopped adding salad dressing to the salads, instead adding it after I pour it into a bowl.
- Since I eat my salads at home, it's easy. For some reason, the taste of the salad dressings seemed to overwhelm the fresh veggies.
- My daughter continues to add dressing to her jars and loves it! Personal preference! :)
- I'm cutting up the extra celery, carrots and bell peppers as a quick snack.
- Plus, as they defrost, their juices add to the yumminess!
- Adding a sprinkle of ground cinnamon, nutmeg and/cloves adds an extra taste of goodness!
- Cooked barley works as well!
- Quaker oats has this link for recipes!
Mason Jar Soups
- Deciding how much and which soup base to use is definitely a Golddilock's type of journey.
- The first week I added about a teaspoon of Better Than Bouillon base to a pint jar. It was way to much for me.
- This last week I added a smidgen with some Consomate de Pollo by Knorr(chicken bouillon). Not enough spices......oh well. Next week will be "just right", right? :)
- I used cooked barley as well and it was