God so exalted His Son because of His obedience even unto death on they cross, that even now, so many years later, every knee will eventually bow - in all realms- to His name. Wow.
Yesterday we received some terrible news. I have a sweet, gentle friend who found out that one of her childhood friends is sick.
Her family, friends and loved ones are
and perhaps even angry.
Shes was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.Today the doctors are operating.
But they've already said
she won't be going home.
Until she goes Home.
How does someone even wrap their heads around this idea?!
I just went to the funeral of a friend
who died from this same disease.
And then I read Philippians 2:10.......
how does this verse and these events
I was watching a movie, "Born to Win". After experiencing several major life challenges, the protagonist loses his faith in God. I understood him.
Years ago, I was there.
when I saw that part of the movie,
my knee bowed before the King of Kings, my big brother, Jesus,
the name above all names.
As a survivor and fellow human being,
my heart hurts for my friends, loved ones, acquaintances who
are dealing with cancer,
who have lost loved ones to cancer,
who have yet to be diagnosed with cancer.
I'm angry, hurting and hopeful
for these precious people.
Where there is life, there is hope.
My dear reader, this is my truth.
TO DO TUESDAY
That about sums up my Tuesday To Do List from last week!
- work one hour on my Embroidery Around the House project
- Make my $7.50 block Done!
- pull purple fabric for the RSC DONE! Also pulled fabric for the Covered in Love Blocks!
- pull fabric for a Snail Quilt (more about that later!) This one has been postponed.
- Make 5 more blocks for the Simple Scrappy Sampler Nope. But I've cut out about 7 squares!
- make the last of the grey hand warmers Nope - didn't even touch it!
- Work at least one hour on the Hexagon Afghan Nope - didn't even touch it!
My "squirrel" was two cool Quilt Block Books! I'll be sharing those tomorrow! They will really facilitate taking my projects to my Quilting Bee!
In line with my goal of finishing UFOs, my next Tuesday To Do List is fairly simple:
January 24 - 31, 2017
My First Priority
- Support my friend as she supports her childhood friend and her family.
- Finish cutting and piecing the blocks for the Simple Scrappy Sampler. This is my OMG, and the month is quickly coming to a close! Where did January go? This quilt will probably go on to be my February OMG!
- Add at least 40 hexies to my Hexagon afghan.
- Make my RSC and Covered in Love Blocks!
I'm linking up to