January 2017 Goals
As many other bloggers are doing, I have made a 2017 list of goals. Many of them are UFO's with a few new projects sprinkled in.
My "To Do" list is divided into six categories.
Around the House Stitching Club mini quilt by Wild Olive.
Turn my Grandmother's Flower Garden into an actual Flimsy.
Continue working on my Yo-Yo Quilt.
Convert my Clover and Violet Simple Scrappy Sampler into a flimsy and get it to my beloved longarm quilter!
Keep up with the Covered in Love charity blocks.
And then there's
a Mystery Quilt from my Guild,
a Postage Stamp quilt,
a Crazy Quilt,
my granddaughter's heart quilt -
all of which I hope to finish in 2017!
Never hurts to dream, right? I am however giving myself permission to "chuck" one or two of these UFOs.
Regular Sewing: UFOs
- a beautiful grey blanket that only needs hemming
- make at least five story books from some panels a friend gave me as well as a dinosaur book panel. Hmmm....these might work as charity projects for The Children's Hospital in El Paso, TX!
- repair a very special pillow covering
Regular Sewing: New Projects
- a fall and a Valentine topper for which I've already chosen the fabric.
- make myself this Schlep Bag. I picked up a cool kit from Hip Stitch in Albuquerque, NM.
- a very simple dog bed for my pooches
- my hexagon afghan
- my Hope afghan
- my husband's afghan
- make some yo-yo peppermint ornaments
- make some of these yo-yo ornaments
- crochet my annual three Christmas scarves and two sets of boot cuffs for my daughter, my granddaughter and my oldest grandson
- crochet two hats for my youngest grandsons
I realize this sounds like a lot, but I am extremely motivated. I'll be linking up to To Tuesdays at Stitch All Things to help keep me accountable! :)
You see, I feel heavy....
with all my "stuff".
So I've begun decluttering
starting with my sewing room
and continuing this process
with my mind and home.
I want to enjoy the space I live in.
I want to feel lighter.
I want to enjoy new projects.
So, this year it's