Thursday, September 8, 2016

Philippians 1:9 (Part 3). Have you tried Sewing Stations?

Philippians 1:9 (Part 3)
9 And this is my prayer:      
that your love may abound more and more
in knowledge
and depth of insight, 
10 so that you may be able to discern
what is best
and may be pure and blameless
for the day of Christ, 
11 filled with the fruit of righteousness
that comes through Jesus Christ—
to the glory and praise of God.
So, on my last post regarding these scriptures, I ended by saying Paul prayed for the Philippians' obvious love to abound more and more in depth and insight.  

But, what is insight?  Again, according to Webster's online dictionary, it's 

So, if I'm understanding this, he wanted their love to be based on understanding the true nature of Christ.  So that their love would be more Christ like.  

What do you think?  Am I getting this? 

Application:
As I have matured – and keep maturing in Christ – I find my love for others more gentle, more accepting, more…..Christ like.

But it has taken a lot of work, and, as I am beginning to see, a lot of faith, trust and courage.

I have chosen to walk down memory lane on many painful experiences in my life with a different perspective – 
viewing them through the eyes of Christ.
That has been tough – 
grueling in fact.

However, I am beginning to understand
how these painful experiences 
have led me 
to love with an abounding love 
based on knowledge and insight, 
rather than simply emotion.  

The result was amazing:
I learned to forgive – 
those who hurt me – 
but more importantly to forgive myself
for the times I inflicted pain on others.
The street runs both ways.

Remember:
Hurt People Hurt People, Inspiration, Quotes, Hurts People, Gods Grace ...
http://quotesgram.com/people-hurting-others-quotes/

Prayer:
So, my dear reader, here is my prayer for you – and me:  




Sewing Stations
Melanie from 1000 Needles shared this method on her blog:  Sewing stations!  Naturally it called to my teacher's heart because of the centers I used in class so it made perfect sense!  Maybe it will work for you as well!

She has a cutting station, a sewing station, and a pressing station.  She rotates between all of these as she sews.  
The sewing station Need to piece more triangles onto the right sides of the HSTshttps://1000needles.com/2015/09/21/monday-madness-09212015/#comments

I really liked this idea!  I'm sure many of us have stations of some sort, but for myself, I've simply set up an area as I need it and pretty soon I have an extremely messy work environment.  Now, I'm managing to stay a bit neater!

I also liked her Project Rotation sidebar.  It's a clear visual on current WIPs.  

Nice job, Melanie!  Thank you for sharing!  






No comments:

Post a Comment