Monday, September 5, 2016

No Reply Blogger? Philipians 1:8. Baby Quilt Quilted!! Progress on Other WIPs!

Are You A No Reply Blogger?
You know, I had no idea I was a no-reply blogger.  Actually I don't even know what it is until a commenter (Is that even a word?) let me know.  

Thanks to Diana at Anyone Can Decorate, I found the definition and the fix for my unknowingly, rude behavior in the blogging world.  Here's a cute image she used:

http://anyonecandecorate.blogspot.com/2012/09/are-you-no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix.html
So, if you're wondering why nobody responds to your comments I HIGHLY reccomend your check out her solutions here!  She's quite a knowledgeable and entertaining writer!



Philippians 1:8
Philippians 1
1Paul and Timothy, servants of Christ Jesus,
To all God’s holy people in Christ Jesus at Philippi, together with the overseers and deacons :
2Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
3I thank my God every time I remember you. 4In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy 5because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, 6being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
7It is right for me to feel this way about all of you, since I have you in my heart and, whether I am in chains or defending and confirming the gospel, all of you share in God’s grace with me. 8God can testify how I long for all of you with the affection of Christ Jesus.
9And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, 10so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, 11filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God.

This is the section of Philippians we have been looking at.  I’ve really enjoyed slowing down and studying each verse, each phrase and applying it to my life.  I hope you have been blessed by my humble offering of insights into this beloved book!  

Scripture:  Let’s look at verse 8 focusing on the first three words:

8God can testify
how I long for all of you
with the affection of Christ Jesus.

Observation:  I’ve said in the past that Paul writes with such confidence!  Paul must have had such a close relationship to God to say this with such assurance! It reminds me of the hymn, Blessed Assurance.

Application:  Can you imagine being able to say, “God can testify…” to something in your life?  At first I thought, “No, I could never say ‘God can testify’ about anything in my life.”  But that’s not true. 

God can testify to
my hope in Him,
my worshiper's heart,
my faith,
my desire to encourage others –
and that includes you!

God can testify to many things in my life! 

And of that I am deeply humbled and grateful.
Prayer:  I offer my prayer in the form of this beloved hymn.  
 

Baby Quilt Quilted
Can you believe my daughter already quilted, trimmed AND zig-zagged the edges of the baby quilt - and with three kiddos under the age of 6 at home?!  She really impressed me!  

Good Job
http://www.funscrape.com/Comments/Good_Job.html

I don't have a picture of it quilted, but here is one all pinned up!  I must make a disclaimer here.  I did not choose this beautiful combination of fabrics.  My daughter made a baby quilt several years ago and she gave me her scraps.  Isn't that cool?



I made significant progress on my Wild Olive Around the House Stitching Club!
Yea!
Now, 
if I could only figure out 
how to get those diamond points 
to join up and play nicely!  
Any suggestions?


2 comments:

  1. I would think the diamonds would meet once they are sown onto the hexagon. (Providing the size is correct of course) it's going to look great though! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are. I was feeling uncertain about how they were coming out! Thank you for your comments! :)

      Delete