Monday, August 22, 2016

Looking Back at Philippians 1b. Philippians 1:3. Recipe for Fried Rice, Monday Makings.







Philippians 1b
Philippians 1:1-2
http://www.jeffrandleman.com/memorize-scripture-philippians-11-2/

Did you notice here, in verse 1b, that the letter is written to ALL the saints?  

Not just Paul and Timothy's favorites.

Not just their "inner circle".

The letter is written to ALL the saints.

If we apply this scripture to our lives, 
this means that this letter is written to me - and to you.  

I suggest you read Philippians in it's entirety because this letter is written 
to you.
For you.

Try replacing the appropriate pronouns with
your name.

It's really powerful.
Life changing.

Philippians 1:3
http://quotesgram.com/bible-quotes-about-remembrance/

I smile every time I read/remember this verse.  During the time when we had our Bible Study, one lady said she tries to live her life in such a way that others will thank God when they remember her
How neat is that?
What a goal!

I wonder how different our entire world would be if we all lived keeping that goal in mind?

Recipe for Fried Rice
So, my family likes fried rice.  Mine rarely comes out the same because I use different veggies and meats.  However, this time, my husband said (again), "Best to date!"   He also asked me to please remember the recipe, at which we both laughed!  

Due to chemo brain, EVERYONE (at least almost everyone) knows not to count on me to remember something unless I write it down!  :)

The family so enjoyed this version of my fried rice, I thought that I'd share it with you.

Ingredients
Choice Beef for kabobs or fondue (mine was already diced)
Olive oil
soy sauce
1/3 large onion diced
2 heaping teaspoons minced garlic
4 cups cooked rice (mine had been in the fridge for a day or two)
1 red bell pepper, diced
2 eggs cooked as an omelet without veggies and cut up
4 cups stir fry frozen vegetables
ground curry and ginger, salt, and pepper to taste


1) Brown the meat, onions and garlic in hot olive oil and soy sauce.  
2) Add the bell pepper.
3) Add the cold rice and soy sauce.  At this point I added more olive oil to keep things moist.  I also added some of the ground curry and ginger, salt, and pepper.
4) Add the eggs. Mix well.
5) Finally add in the frozen veggies.  Mix them in, cover and turn off your heat.  They'll cook with the remaining heat and still stay fresh and crisp.  

Enjoy!

Monday Making

It's been really busy lately as I spend time with my daughter.  Baby MJ is her fourth baby and is 7 weeks old.  Consequently, we are spending a lot of time together.

I was a bit frustrated at my lack of time to sew.  However, I know this special time with my grandbabies and daughter won't last forever, so I'm embracing this era in my life.  WIPs, UFO's, BOMs will always be there, but my babies won't.  :)


Life is good.

This is a new project - a baby quilt for a dear friend.  I'm hoping to get the strips sewn and pressed tonight.

Dear Friend, this is my truth!  

No comments:

Post a Comment