Thursday, March 17, 2016

Bloglandia. Proverbs. Dare to Believe.


Bloglandia
There is so much to learn about blogging; the set up, the layout, the comments.....it's so easy to get caught up in the details of the blog!  

The real message can get lost.
The real purpose can get lost.  

That happened to me last night. 

I'm so concerned about people not able to leave comments unless they have a Google account, that I was up until 2:00 a.m. looking for answers - in all the wrong places!  

I should have looked to my Lord FIRST.  He gently reminded a bleary eyed me this morning that He didn't ask me to worry about comments, set up or layouts.  All He asked me to do was to blog for 30 days straight!   Eeeesh!  Didn't I just post this picture yesterday?


http://www.jenniferjcamp.com/how-do-you-listen-for-god/

He qualifies those He calls.  
I'm not a technological expert, 
but then again He didn't call me to have a "perfect" blog.
He called me on March 15, 2016 to write for 30 days and see what He would do.
That's it.

                                   
                                       http://pjsprayerline.blogspot.com/2011/08/wheres-your-focus.html
Enough said, right?

Proverbs
Many years ago a friend of mine shared this awesome way to study the book of Proverbs.
Perhaps you've heard of it.  

1.  Proverbs is made up of 31 chapters, read a chapter a day.  
2.  As you read, pray and ask God to give you a verse to ponder for the day. I write this verse on a monthly calendar.
4.  At the end of the month, review your verses and prayerfully pick one that speaks to you.
5.  Display this verse in your home where you will see it often.

I've followed this plan over the years, but never with the consistency that I have this year. Cancer will do that to a person!  :)

I've been curious about which daily verses I chose, so I also write the reference in a five year journal and the way that particular verse ministered to me.  Because it's a five year journal, there's not a lot of room to write, therefore this doesn't take long.  

I also highlight this verse in this app and then post it on my Instagram account (@miaismine22).  The Bible app makes it easy peasy.  #proverbs  This month I've been focusing on the #promisesfromproverbs and it has been amazing!  

Dare to Believe
How are you, really?   Are you going through a rough time?  Have you just been diagnosed with breast cancer.  Please know, you are not alone - even if you are alone where ever you are.  There is an entire international community of women who will listen to you.  Their blogs are powerful, their hearts are big.  

God is there as well.  Yup, He is.

At times like these, it's so hard to believe in Him, to believe He cares, to believe at all.  But, as one who has been there, I can say, "Believe."  

If you're angry, let Him know.  He can take it.  
If you're hurt, let Him know.  He can take it.  
If your scared, let Him know.  He can take it.  




Dear Friend, this is my truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment