Monday, September 21, 2020

Monday's Strength. Scrappy Love. Pressing On. Book Date.

Monday's Strength:

Now that we've finished the verses from Until We Reach Home, I was wondering where to go from here.  For now, I want to share this verse that speaks of gratefulness.  
You see, we, my husband and I, had a COVID scare, but thankfully we both tested negative!   
As you can well imagine, it’s been hard to find time or even enough focus to blog or craft. 
I'm so grateful for these results, that I just want to read about gratefulness!  I want God to know that my heart is grateful to Him for negative test results.  
But what about when our test results are not what we prayed for?  
I've been there as well.
We still need to trust Him, as He knows the way we take.  He is still with us even then.  He has a purpose for that journey as well.  
So, whether the result of our prayers is unexpected, let us lean into Him and trust Him even more during those times.  
When I was going through and recovering from chemo, it was tough.  During those difficult times, sometimes all I had the strength to do was to push the play button on my Bible app.  The LORD called me to listen to the book of Job.  Goodness!  I must have listened to it 5-6 times!  This verse got me through:
I hope I passed the test and came forth as gold in my Father's eyes.  But, regardless, I knew He was guiding, strengthening and caring for me.  He worked through my journey of cancer....shoot!  This blog is a result of that journey!  So, yes, my dear, trust Him with a grateful heart!  You won't regret it!

Scrappy Love
Qube Crush is turning out quite nicely!  Here are two more blocks that I finished!  
I so love the boat block!



Pressing On with To Do Tuesday
I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:14
Last Week’s Goals
1. Visit Mama and Daddy. ✔
We had such a great visit! My husband was able to join us! We spoiled them with a few gifts, had a great meal and I took Daddy out for an adventure! My Mama and my husband had a nice visit after weeks of not seeing each other due to the quarantine. The round trip drive to see them is roughly 2 – 2.5 hours depending on traffic, so I was grateful that my husband drove me there!
2. Machine Embroidery: Stitch up the clasp purse. X
3. Finish two of the many blocks I prepped. X
4. Sew up my prepped Qube Crush blocks! ✔
I got to several of them!
5. Finish last week’s prayer shawl. ✔  
Here is an inprogress picture.  
You can find more info on the pattern here
I forgot to take pictures of the completed shawl
before gifting it away. 
 
6. Make progress on my husband's Christmas ornament and on the Namaste tea towel. ✔
This Week’s Goals 
1. Visit Mama and Daddy.
2. Machine Embroidery: Stitch up the clasp purse.
3. Finish one Stitcher’s Garden Block
4. Finish two Qube Crush blocks!
5. Make progress on:
  • my husband's Christmas ornament
  • the Namaste tea towel
  • the new prayer shawl
Book Date

Current

Halfway to Each Other is turning out to be a great read.  Should you choose to read it, take your time.  There are so many mini life lessons in there that can make an important impact on your life.  

Halfway to Each Other: How a Year in Italy Brought Our Family Home by [Susan Pohlman]
Halfway to Each Other
from my personal library














Finished
Free audio from RB Digital
★★★★




















Oh my goodness!  If I could give The Words Between Us 100 stars, I would!  It's interesting, but then, you get to the last third and wow!  The plot twists and turns and hooks you in even more!  I highly recommend it!
Free audio from RB Digital
★★★★
















Linking up to these fun parties!

4 comments:

  1. Good morning! Great job on your Qube Crush blocks. I love the sailboat - I've made a whole quilt of them as a baby quilt sashed with white and red cornerstone pieces. It's such a fun block. Thanks for linking up this week. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had such a good visit with your folks! The Qube blocks look great and so does the prayer shawl - so pretty! I just went and checked out The Words Between Us from RB Digital. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the book recommendations, and I’m looking forward to your next prayer shawl! I was going to quilt one for my mother, but alas I dawdled too long! And she passed before I could make that happen . I still regret that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, Halfway to Each Other and The Words Between Us both sound great and both are new to me, so thanks for the heads up!

    I'm late on my weekly blog visits but hope you are enjoying your books this week!

    Sue

    Book By Book

    ReplyDelete