Sunday, September 27, 2020

Monday's Strength: Psalms 14. Scrappy Love. Book Date.

 Monday's Strength:  Psalms 14

In Psalm 14, much focus is on the situation of the people.  I decided to focus on God's actions instead.  It appears that David feels surrounded by an evil, sin-filled environment.  However, I believe God remains hopeful as He is seeking those who understand Him, who seek Him.  
Are you feeling overwhelmed with dread?  It's quite understandable if you are.  As we face the normal challenges of everyday living, new layers of complications are added:  a pandemic, politics and social issues.  The pandemic alone complicates every day tasks!  Feeling dread is quite normal.  However, let us remember:  We are not alone!  God is with us!
The poor are not alone in their persecution; God is their refuge!  He is our refuge as well!  
God is our "refuge and strength, a very present help in times of trouble" (Psalm 46:1). 
David's hope is that the people will rejoice and be glad when God restores them.  God's  hope however, seems to be simply to find anyone who understand or is seeking Him.  
Let us be found in those numbers!  Let us remember that He never leaves us nor forsakes us, yes?  
Scrappy Love
My LAQ returned two quilts and my Fall table topper to me!  Oh!  They came out beautifully!  Here is a sneak peak of the table topper!  I shared this on the blog yesterday.
I decided to use the Fall scraps to make some placemats.  My fabric is all cut out and ready to go on the design board near my sewing machine!  I've found that it helps me to stay focused if I have the pieces for my next project there.  
I'm using Connie's tutorial at Freemotion by the River.  She has some awesome tutorials on her blog!  "One day" I'm still hoping to make her Bow Tie placemats as well!

Pictured are some extra scraps as well.  I'm not sure what I'll do with them, but they'll get used up as well.  Maybe some coasters/potholders?

Pressing On with To Do Tuesday
I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:14
This Week’s Goals
1. Visit Mama and Daddy. 
Oh my goodness!  Mama made the best breakfast in the world!  She was embarrassed that I was going to put it on the blog, but I also think she was a bit tickled.  Mama doesn't cook a lot anymore, but insists on making us breakfast!  I was full for the rest of the day!  
Daddy and I took a long, slow drive through his childhood neighborhood as he shared memories.  Here is the first house my grandfather bought for $1,250.  Can you imagine?
I'm grateful that subsequent owners have kept it up.  

2. Machine Embroidery: Stitch up the clasp purse. X 
Again, this one fell to the side as I've been working on the prayer shawls.  
3. Finish one Stitcher’s Garden Block ✔
4. Finish two Qube Crush blocks  
5. Make progress on: 
  • my husband's Christmas ornament ✔ 
  • the Namaste tea towel X
  • the new prayer shawl ✔
This Week’s Goals are going to be mostly slow stitching as it will be filled with family activities.  
1. Visit Mama and Daddy. 
2. Machine Embroidery: Stitch up the clasp purse. This remains on the list until she's done!  :)  
3. Attach the bindings to the Fall table topper.
4. Make progress on the Namaste tea towel  and hopefully finish the new prayer shawl (you can see it here).  
Book Date

Current

During my sewing time, I'm continuing with the Virgin River series by Robyn Carr using my RB Digital App.  I was informed that on October 5, my library is switching to the Libby App.  Do any of you use this app?  What do you think of it?  

Second Chance Pass
RB Digital Audio Book








I'm looking forward to reading this Young Adult historical fiction book as I've heard so many positive comments about it!  Have any of you read it?

The War That Saved My Life
Personal Library









Finished

Halfway to Each Other: How a Year in Italy Brought Our Family Home by [Susan Pohlman]
Halfway to Each Other
Personal Library 
★★★★★















I recommend this book as a slow read.  The author's experience stays with me even now after I've put it down.
Linking up to these fun parties!

10 comments:

  1. Love the fall colours and table topper. I am working on string fall blocks at the moment, I got the pattern from Bonnie at Quiltville. She always does scrappy but I fell in love with that particular one. I think the Virgin River series must be good on audio, has a good narrator. I haven't used Libby - I don't think we have it here, but I believe others around the blogashere have used it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankful that God is always with us. I love the Autumn table topper. Can you imagine buying a house for 1250? You couldn’t even heat it for that much now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like the placemats will be lovely, and perfect for fall.
    I’ve read a couple of the Virgin River books and I enjoyed the tv series.

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colorful table topper and I love your encouraging words!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our library has Libby -- easy one-click downloads.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your fall table topper looks like it will fit right in with the fall weather spreading across the US. We have Libby at our library but I prefer to use my Kindle. I can easily read on various devices and it generally keeps the right location on the 3 devices I tend to use. I use overdrive for audio books. I'll need to pay more attention as whether I can listen on multiple devices easily. I really liked the Virgin River series. I think I ended reading most of them rather than listening to them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Patricia! Oh that Fall leaf that you've shared a sneak peek of looks so pretty. I love all of the difference fabrics - it really captures the different colors we are just starting to see as the trees change and drop their leaves. And that breakfast looks delicious! You can tell your Mama that I'd love to come for that breakfast anytime! Thanks so much for linking up today. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with this week's to do list and enjoy all the slow stitching with the family time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Fall colors in the fabrics you've shown. I need to make a new mug rug in Fall colors. Enjoy your day sweet lady!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the fall fabrics. Your table topper looks really cute. Can't wait to see the whole thing!! And, isn't that just like a Mama! Such special memories with your dad and mom.

    ReplyDelete