Thursday, October 5, 2017

Philippians 4:8 Part 2. Craft Project Management System. Quilty 365.

Philippians 4:8 Part 2
Part 1 Part 3
Scripture
Observation
A list of what to focus on, what to think about.  Each attribute is considered excellent and praiseworthy.  
Application
So, lately I've been pondering this verse - a lot.  It would be wonderful if we could always think on these things, but the truth is we can't.  
Life happens.
Consequently, 
our thinking gets distorted.  
So, what do we think then?
That's what I've 
been thinking about.  
What do we think then?
What do you thinkthen?
What do I think then?
Sometimes, 
my thinking is just the opposite of this verse.
I've decided to combat my 
negative thinking 
with God's Word.  
A quick search of 
"You Say, God Says"
showed many cool printables.
Here are links to a few.
(with a cool mini tutorial on making your own Scripture cards)
May I encourage you to memorize Scripture?  Friends, I firmly believe that, combined with praise and worship music, this is one of the major ways to encourage ourselves, to fight the enemy and to live out Philippians 4:8 victoriously.  

Prayer
LORD, I need a way to live out Philippians 4:8.   For so many of us, it's so much easier to negative, ugly thoughts.  Help us to fill our minds with Your Word.  Help Your Word come to our minds in ALL times that we may live victoriously all the time.  After all, I've believed for many years that 
You are good all the time and
all the time, You are good!  
Amen!


Simple Minds
Here's a funny story.  I used this mind map - Simple Mind+ - as my craft project management system.  I worked my way from 0% to 33% finished WIPs!  I don't know hat got into me, but I forgot about it and used a different system this year - 
with no way to track my progress.  I've decided to go back to Simple Mind+ again starting September 25, 2017. 

Very Happy CatI was able to go through all my projects - again - and found a bunch more WIPs!  I've also decided to be happy about them - even though my WIP now number at 63!  Remember Philippians 4:8?  God's timing is perfect.  
I already finished a boot cuff set, so my completion rate is a whopping .015%!  I have a long way to go, but it's better than 0%!  (All encouragement is gratefully accepted!)  :)

Quilty 365
Well, on September 11, 2016 I started quite accidentally the Quilty 365 journey.  I finished it this month.   It's been fun and I look forward to making a quilt out of all my squares.  Here are August's and September's blocks!
How exciting it that?  It's been a real journey as this was the time I was recovering from chemotherapy during this time and sometimes it was really hard to keep up.  

But I did it.  
Sure enough, I did it.
By the grace of God, I did it.

God is good all the time; 
all the time, God is good.

Linking up to:





Hookin’ On Hump Day @
And



                    



6 comments:

  1. Thank you for the important words of Philippians 4: 8 that you remind us of. Your August and September blocks are great. I think sewing is a therapy for you in this difficult time. God bless you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm about halfway through memorizing it and it so helps! Also, I'm listening to tons of Praise and Worship music! Isn't God good! :)

      Delete
  2. I love your craft project tracking tool. Very colorful and fun! Good luck with all those projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! I'll need it! Thank you for your comments!

      Delete
  3. I love that Bible verse. My thought so often get slanted by drama. This verse definitely gets me back on track. Great job keeping up on your Quilty 365.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that the truth? I'm really trying to stay focused on God and this verse helps. But then, drama comes and there I go again! It is helping to remember this verse! Thank you re the Quilty 365! It feels great to have kept up! :) hugs to you!

      Delete