Sunday, October 8, 2017

Saturday's Song. I Win - PERIOD! Slow Stitching Sunday. Stash Report.

Saturday's Song
I've never done this before, but I am posting a really long song this week.  It begins with Bart Millard's testimony - it's real - no velveteen rabbit stuff here.  I listened.
I cried as I thought of my cancer, my beautiful grandson's lungs (damaged by RSV) and his life threatening, environmental and ingested nut allergy and each of you and your various challenges.
So here it is.

I sent it to my kids and husband.
I sent it to a few friends.
I cried as Jesus touched my heart.  
Tonight, I praise God for MercyMe and will lift them up in prayer.
Please take a few moments out of your life to listen with an open heart.  Your life may just be changed.  

I Win - PERIOD!
Bart (the speaker on the video) mentions an aunt with cancer.  You know, God chose to use doctors, nurses, techs, chemotherapy, radiation, and surgeries to heal me.  And that's ok, because I win.  

I was winning when 
I was on my knees throwing up.
I was winning when 
I was too weak to bathe myself.
I was winning when 
I scared my (third) grandson with my bald head.
I was winning when 
I could't walk 3 feet without assistance.
I was winning when 
the pain reduced me to a bowl of Jello.
I was winning.
I still am.
Period.

Slow Stitching Sunday.
Today has been jam packed with cleaning after babysitting my three grandbabies for two days straight.  It was wild, fun and exhausting!

Tonight, after dinner, I'm looking forward to relaxing with these projects!

My invisible thread tested my patience and ended up in the trash.  Instead I'm using gold metallic embroidery floss to stitch up the Nativity Advent Calendar.

See this ball of yarn?  
It's roughly 2 ounces of yarn.  
But, after tonight it will be a hanger cover,
God willing.
I just love using 
covered hangers 
for my sweaters and nicer tops!

Stash Report
Very little sewing time this week, so numbers are the same.
Fiber Stash Report:  October 8, 2017
(started 6/11/17)
Fabric used this week
11 yds
Fabric used to date
33 1/8 yds
Fabric Added this week
3 3/8  yds
Fabric Added this year
20 ¼  yds
Net Fabric
12 7/8  yds

Yes, I had so much fun petting and bringing home some yarn!  I'll be sharing next week!
Yarn used this week
12 oz  
Yarn used to date
116 oz
Yarn Added this week
48 oz
Yarn Added to date
142 oz
Net Yarn
 26 oz
I'm linking up to


5 comments:

  1. That's a good idea to use up the leftover bits of yarn. I think my aunt sometimes crocheted around her hangers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like how the yarn keeps the bumps from forming on my clothes as well as keeps them from slipping off the hangers! How cool that you remember your aunt crocheting! Thank you for your comment!

      Delete
  2. I came for the stash report and went away spiritually filled. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! Thank you! God is so good and faithful! Your sweet comment encourages me so much! Thank you!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete