Sunday, October 1, 2017

Saturday's Song. Imagine This. Slow Stitching. Stash Report.

Saturday's Song.
Do you ever wish you could go back to that faith you experienced as a child or a new believer?  Perhaps, then, you can relate to this song!


Imagine This
Imagine you get "the" call that a loved one is ill - seriously ill.  You quickly pack a bag with a few essentials and head to the hospital to be with your loved one.  You don't take your Bible because you have it on your phone.  You end up staying in the hospital for days
with no Internet,
with no access to the Bible
on your phone.

via GIPHY
This happened to me, 
so here's a suggestion:
Please go to your Bible app,
and 
download your favorite version of the Bible.
Go ahead.
I'll wait for you.
Done?
Cool!
http://zaazu.com

Slow Stitching
Time for slowing down and enjoying some slow stitching!  
I'll be working on two projects:

 (you can purchase here)
and my 
(pattern here)

Stash Report & 15 minutes of Quilting
I finished my daughter's boot cuffs!   They match this scarf!


So, I got to take 2 oz off my yarn stash!  Yea!
Fiber Stash Report:  September 30, 2017
(started 6/11/17)
Fabric used this week
11 yds
Fabric used to date
33 1/8 yds
Fabric Added this week
3 3/8  yds
Fabric Added this year
20 ¼  yds

Net Fabric
12 7/8  yds

Yarn used this week
2 oz  
Yarn used to date
104 oz
Yarn Added this week
0 oz
Yarn Added to date
94 oz
Net Yarn
 10 oz
Julie at Julie's Quilts and Costumes  participated in a 15 Minute Challenge (by Kate at Life in Pieces).  I managed to quilt 15 minutes for 3/7 days, however one of those days was an entire hour!  Yea!  My sister-in-law was visiting, so I did more crocheting than sewing! 
These types of "tracking tools" really help keep me focused and on task!  :)

Linking up to

8 comments:

  1. Very pretty bowl. Handwork does work better when there are house guests. Sometimes I get up early just to sneak a little sewing in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, that's a great idea! I'm starting to dedicate my first hour to sewing when I wake up early. Great idea! Thank you for your comment!

      Delete
  2. Have a wonderful relaxing hand stitching time today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you have enjoyed your day as well!

      Delete
  3. That's a pretty scarf - really love the color. Nice song, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You know, the yarn is a bit pricey for me, but I love, absolutely love how it feels! it's so soft and snuggly! Thank you for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  4. Love all your projects--mini catcher, boot toppers, advent calendar. And yes, I love that song, too. I guess we'll go back to that simple faith is faith when we get to Heaven. Something to look forward to. I have no idea how to download the Bible onto my phone. Like you, I just have the app and need internet. I hope your family member is doing better now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nancy! Thank you for your encouraging comments. I will soon post a tutorial on downloading the Bible onto your phone! Great comment!

      Delete