Monday, October 9, 2017

Philippians 4:8 Part 3.. Chili Contest Anyone? Covered in Love Progress. Book Date.

Philippians 4:8 Part 3
Part 1  Part 2
Scripture
Observation
This verse remains in my heart.  Paul is making some serious assumptions about what is true.  After all, we all have different truths, right?  Believing lies about ourselves have become our truth.  Aha!  But, we can find truth in God's Word.  You see, Paul is doing what he always does - pointing us to God.  We should be thinking on God's Word, HIS truth.
Application
So, I've taken some of the verses from Part 2 and went from this:

to this: 

 During a sermon, Pastor said it was easy for him to find time for Scripture memorization.  He decided that every time he looked at his Smart Phone, he would look at his verse.  Then he asked, "Do you realize how often we look at our phones?"

Here's my new lock screen:




Friends, so many times it's easier to believe those negative thoughts that have been pounded into our brains.  Let's reverse this by filling our brains with whatever is 
true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent or praiseworthy!
Prayer
LORD, thank You for this post.  I am hoping and praying that not only will my mind be filled with these thoughts, but also healed from the negativity that can rear it's ugly head.  Let us all be filled with whatever is 
true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent or praiseworthy!  Amen.

Chili Contest Anyone?
A friend of mine needed some bibs for a chili tasting contest.  She made the pattern, cut out the fabric and I offered to sew a few up.  Here's the first two!

Thankfully, they are pretty basic and easy to sew.  Pretty cute, don't you think?

Covered in Love Progress
Kat @ Kat and Cat Quilts has a wonderful charity sewing opprotunity called Covered in Love.  She provides quilts for people who pass away in the hospital.  They are "transition items" to bring some comfort to the families.  This opportunity immediately grabbed my attention because we have the quilt that covered my mother-in-law during her last days.  Ten years later, it still brings great comfort to my husband.  


Remember this fabric pull for the August/September Covered in Love blocks?  Well, I feel like the LORD wants me to make 20 blocks.  Here's my progress thus far!

Book Date
I'm still reading/studying Own It by Michael & Hayley Di Marco.  It's quite an interesting read.  Usually I read non-fiction books rather slowly so I can really digest them.








I'm also still enjoying The Red Tent by Anita Diamant!  




I'm linking up to


It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading? @ BookDate  (This link up actually has me reading more!)






I love reading and responding 
to your comments!

4 comments:

  1. Our local humane society just held a chili cook-off. These bibs would have been just the ticket! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Really, my friend did the hard part - creating the pattern and cutting out the fabric! I had fun sewing them up! The fabric is perfect, right? Thank you for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed The Red Tent when I read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So did my friends! I'm so glad they recommended it! Thank you for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete