Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Philippians 2:27 Part 4. Quilty 365. To Do Tuesday

Hello!  Welcome to my little space in "Bloglandia"!  We are continuing with our study of Philippians.  We're in Philippians 2:27 and this is Part 4.  I split it the "Application" part of our study into several parts because, to me, this is a hard teaching that required me to marinate in it for a spell.  

I'm so glad you're joining me for this last part!  I pray you are blessed and encouraged!

Philippians 2:27 Part 4

Application con't
In Part 1 we talked about God's mercy and Paul's use of the word "but" again.  Part 2 discussed the phrase "sorrow upon sorrow".  We continued our discussion of this phase of our lives in Part 3 adding that God uses these times in to grow and strengthen our faith.  

We aren't asked to understand God's will, only to have faith and trust Him. 

As some of you many unfortunately know firsthand, when one is initially diagnosed with cancer, there seems to be an endless round of tests, labs and waiting before treatment can even begin.  During my "pre-treatment" time, I didn't know if I would need a lumpectomy, mastectomy, bi-lateral mastectomy, chemo and radiation....we didn't know anything.  For several weeks it was pretty bleak as the doctors fought to learn just what my situation was.

I remember crying in my husband's arms on the exam table when we were told there might be a second mass.  I looked back over my entries to find my sorrow upon sorrow experience.  The journey is here and here.  This is the first time I've reread those posts...it was hard. 



But God was still good, 
even before I had results.  
I don't have all the answers.  
But I do know this:
My faith wasn't always this strong.  
It's only by His Grace that 
it was back then and still is.  
And I'm grateful for that.  


Prayer
My prayer today is simply this:
LORD,
You are so amazing!
Amen!


Quilty 365 News
I kept up with March 2017's blocks!  Yea!  Here's the last week of March and April 1 & 2!  Yellow is for happy days and red is usually reserved for angry/frustrating days.  But, this circle looks so happy that I just had to use it for Sunday!  We celebrated my birthday and this circle just seemed to embody the day!  



I'm a bit behind in blogging, but really enjoyed my birthday week!  Yup, you read that right!  In our family, the birthday person is celebrated for an entire week with fun, small activities!  This week it's time to celebrate my daughter!  I'll be sharing what I made her tomorrow!

To Do Tuesday
Here's how I did last week!

1) Keep up with my Quilty 365 
OOPS!

2) Continue crocheting my Granny Square Cardigan!  Done!

3) Continue on my Simple Scrappy Sampler .
        a) attach the rest of the purple sashing and figure out the last border.  Maybe get it sewn on so I can get this baby to my beloved long-arm quilter!
I changed the pattern a bit, so here's the new layout.  I'll share more about it later on.  
Flimsy done and going to Stephanie!
4) Begin stitching my Fabri-Flair project! Done!

Not a bad week at all!

This week's To Do Tuesday List:
1) Catch up and keep up with my Quilty 365 

2) Continue crocheting my Granny Squares Cardigan!  

3) Begin a baby quilt with the scraps from the Simple Scrappy Sampler!


4) Continue stitching my Fabri-Flair project!  

Have a great day, Everyone!


I'm linking up to:


4 comments:

  1. Happy Happy Birthday for last week. I love your yellow circles, it's always such a happy colour. I love it in my home, on walls mostly, but never for clothes, it washes me out. It's a great accent on a quilt though. Have a great birthday week with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I really love yellow! Thank you for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday! Your circles are all sunshine and happiness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sharon! Please forgive my late response.Thank you for your cheerful and kind comments!

      Delete