Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Slowing Down. To Do Tuesday. Another Finished Flimsy.

Olaf in summer | image tagged in olaf in summer | made w/ Imgflip meme makerHello There!  
I hope you all are doing well and enjoying Spring weather!  Here in Southern New Mexico we are expecting our high temps to be in the lower 90's already!  Yikes!

Slowing Down.
Late last week, I noticed that I'm having a "fibro flare up" - fibromyalgia has decided to rear it's ugly head again.  With end of the semester obligations, the timing is terrible - but then again - there is never a perfect time!

Instead of barreling through, I've decided to take care of myself.  One way of self-care will be writing "mini posts" instead of my usual full posts.  I'm sure you all understand and perhaps can be blessed by this Scripture:
The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside quiet waters, He refreshes my soul.
Psal | image tagged in forden pond | made w/ Imgflip meme maker   Blessings to you all!

To Do Tuesday.
Last Week's List:
This week's To Do Tuesday List:
1) Catch up and keep up with my Quilty 365 Oh oh!

2) Continue crocheting my Granny Squares Cardigan!  Done!

3) Begin a baby quilt with the scraps from the Simple Scrappy Sampler! Done and finished!

4) Continue stitching my Fabri-Flair project!  Oh oh!

This week's To Do Tuesday List:
1) Catch up and keep up with my Quilty 365 - for reals already!

2) Comment on last week's linky parties.

Then, health permitting, 

3) Continue crocheting my Granny Squares Cardigan!  

4) Begin a baby quilt with the remaining layer cake squares from the Simple Scrappy Sampler! Can you believe there's still some left?  

5) Continue stitching my Fabri-Flair project!  

Let's be real....Probably just #1 and #2!  :)

Another Finished Flimsy.
After finishing up the Simple Scrappy Sampler, I wanted to also finish up using the leftover fabric, so I started  this baby quilt!  
 I added a white border,
then a pink border!
Aren't my friend's shoes so cute? :p

The backing is Kate Spain's Paradiso with parts of the remaining layer cake in the middle!

My sweet daughter
will be quilting 
this one for me
and adding the binding - 
which will probably be purple!

I'm linking up to





10 comments:

  1. Cute baby quilt! Hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm making one last baby quilt with the remaining fabric - gotta get the stash out! Thank you for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  2. It's so good to recognize when we need to rest! Love that quilt top and the quilt backing!! I hope you feel better this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Thank you! I so appreciate yours and everyone's well wishes! Thank you for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  3. I have been trying to apply Psalm 46:10 to my life, "Be still and know that I am God.", I am constantly pushing myself until I have to stop an rest. Be sure to take care of yourself. I love your flimsy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Missy, for your advice and Scripture! That is one of my favorite Scriptures - I SO appreciate you reminding me of it! Isn't God so wonderful? :) I'm really liking sewing with bright colors. I'm not sure why I purchased so many darker fabrics when I first started sewing. Now, I'll be looking for brighter blenders as my "go withs". Isn't sewing so much fun? I love it! Thank you so much for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  4. Your quilt is too fun. Some little baby will love being cuddled in it. What size are the squares?

    I didn't realize you have fibromyalgia. I've heard more than once how painful and limiting it can be. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nancy! Thank you for your kind comments! The squares came out to roughly 3 1/2" and the borders are 4". It went up really quickly! Yes, it can be a challenge, but I try to keep positive and take care of myself! My grandbabies are the best medicine! Thank you so much for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  5. Wow, it's hard to imagine weather that warm. Less than a week ago we had snow! Though, thankfully it's rain now.

    I hope your flare-up is mild and short.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Our pear trees and nectarine tree already have fruit about an inch big! I'm enjoying cool mornings and evenings outdoors while I can as soon it will be too hot to be outside.

      I'm also hoping for a mild and short flare-up. We're going on two weeks. May have to bring the wheelchair out. However, I've learned self-care without too much guilt.

      Sewing and crocheting are extremely therapeutic! I've missed blogging, so am slowly going to begin again this week! It's not cancer, so I'm blessed! :) Life is good! :)

      Thank you for stopping by and commenting! :)

      Delete